I am a little scatterbrained today, but it's been so long again. I can tell I don't have good access to a camera!! Here are some of the pictures from the past 2 months.
Dave's birthday cake. We tried to make a football field:)
Tina's science fair project...which bubble wand produces the most bubbles?
Braden's science fair project...which paper airplane flies the farthest? "glidey or pointy?"
little cole playing games!
Tina's photo shoot with cousin Sydnee
Sydnee
Brooklyn's pose, ha ha.
Braden has celebrated his 7th birthday. We did a Lego theme and invited 2 friends. All the pictures are on Dave's iphone. I have to figure out how I can download them onto the computer, and I'm sure it's not hard! Just inconvenient:) We have also gotten a little more settled, and I am wanting to document our new house we are staying in. It really is amazing to think we went from 1000sq ft to this place!
I am super excited to be starting piano lessons from Louise Carroll this month!! I haven't had lessons myself since I was 17! This is going to be good for my self esteem as far as being a teacher myself. I also am in a search for a preschool mom group to start or join. I am missing my Durango groups, and I may have to actually take the initiative to get one going here for my sanity:) I am planning on going back to school in the Fall of 2013 for my master's degree in School Counseling. So the first step is taking the MAT, which I am studying for right now. I am excited to go back. I love learning.
Dave-suprise suprise- is starting to read books! The only book he has read in the 11 1/2 years of marriage was Harry Potter #4. Now his friends at work introduced him to Vince Flynn books and he has read 3 in 2 months. It's weird to have the roles reversed, usually I am the one stuck in a book:) He is really enjoying his job and the people he works for and with.
Tina has joined Tavoci with Sydnee and really loves it. They are learning some modern, musical, and funny songs. She will have a concert in May. She is also taking piano lessons from Joanna, which is amazing. I am super excited to see her continue to progress.
Braden has lost 3 teeth in 2 weeks, which has kept the tooth fairy busy. She brings "golden dollars" and there was one tooth that got thrown away, but she still remembered. He found a note that said, "the tooth fairy never forgets a lost tooth!" He was so excited. This week, I am going to try and enroll him into baseball for the summer.
Brooklyn has Kindergarten registration this week! I can't believe my Brookie baby is going to be in school in the fall. CRAZY! She has learned how to write her name, and is writing it on everything! I am so proud of her because she has an extremely long name:) We do a little preschool time everyday after lunch, now that we have left our amazing co-op in Durango.
Cole had a well check and *gasp* he is underweight. We are hoping he will gain 2 lbs in the next 3 months to get on the charts!! The Dr. told us to try Carnation instant breakfast, which I think is a great idea. I'm getting some today.
Well, there's the general update from us. Sorry, hopefully I can be a little more on the ball. I think I have been in defense mode with all these moves and trying to settle in. I'm sure it will get there, but wow, it's taken quite awhile to feel adjusted?? If you have tips, I'd love to hear them!
No comments:
Post a Comment