Utah Jazz vs. Detroit Pistons on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
We got to take Dave's owners tickets to the Jazz game last night. We had so much fun and felt very wealthy for a little while. We got to eat dinner in the basement of the Energy Solutions Arena at the sponsor room. There was a buffet with fish, beef, and chicken. Then for half time we went back for popcorn and nachos. We got to sit 8 rows up from the visitors bench and of course we were playing my "old home team" the Houston Rockets. I remember watching a Rockets - Jazz game in Houston, so now the circle is complete. The fans we were sitting around were heckling the players and it was pretty funny. They told Mutombo to get them a hot dog, and it got the security guard laughing! There was also a fancy leather chair in the lineup and they called it the "high chair" only meant for McGrady - their golden child. It was funny. The Jazz won yeah! Dave said I had to root for the Jazz, and I realized I have almost lived in Utah as long as Texas - one more year! I guess I can now be a Utah fan, but as long as they're not playing the Jazz, I'll still root for the Rockets:)
We had such a fun date night. I'm so glad we were able to go. Thank goodness for babysitters and good friends! - Next date night coming up: April 26th, the Box Elder High School Rennaissance Show and Feast. I can't wait!
3 comments:
It sounds like you guys had a ton of fun! What a blast to feel wealthy for a little while! A true VIP. We need to set more time aside for regular date nights. They are wonderful, huh?
Melanie-
This is Stephanie Holyoak from high school. I found your blog through Holly Meikle's...I hope you don't mind...but it is so fun to see you and your DARLING family! It looks like you are doing well, and that is wonderful. If you don't mind, I would love to catch up through your blog. Congrats on your beautiful family. :)
That sounds like so much fun. Devin and I thought it would be cool to sit so close during a Jazz game when they were playing the Rockets so we could see how tall Yao Ming really was. Too bad he wasn't playing for you to see. But it still sounds like you had a great time.
Post a Comment