Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

Oh, how I long for the pictures! I took a few of Tina sleeping before I woke her up. She was so peaceful! I am about as excited as she was. We have half day kindergarten so it only goes from 8:20-10:50. About as long as preschool, but everyday. I hope I can get all of the kids up before it's time to go.
Tina said she got to go on a cookie hunt, but they were pretend cookies. She sits at the black table and doesn't know anyone there, despite the fact that she has 6 kids in the same neighborhood and primary class in her K class. She even knew two from preschool. She also said two boys got in trouble for throwing rocks. Tina is excited for ladybug sticker reward system. If she doesn't have to pull a card during the day, she will get a ladybug sticker which 5 turn into a school dollar for the school store. That starts tomorrow.
I joined the PTA, and I will have volunteered to help in her class whenever I'm needed, and I am so excited about that. I think the school year will definately be a learning experience for both of us. I'm so glad she is the oldest because I have no fear of misbehavior, or learning dysfunctions. She is a bright child who has a natural curiosity for knowledge. I hope I don't sound like I'm bragging...So that was the first day of school for Tina!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Tina...and Mom. ;) It sounds like the first day was a success. Wow, school starts early for you guys. I am impressed you get everyone out the door and to school that early!

Jen said...

Yay Tina! I think she will love being in school. I agree with your assesment of her personality...it is not bragging AT ALL! :) Just telling the truth.

We are looking forward to seeing pictures of the big event, whenever that happens. Have fun!

We start school next Tues., the day after Labor day. The kids are way excited.

Janese said...

Hey guys! I was so excited we ran into you. You have the cutest family! We would love to get together sometime. Just let us know!!

Family News said...

Ahhh! The first day! I just hope that they remain excited for the whole year.

I'm on my desktop computer because, guess what, the laptop doesn't read our camera. We loaded the software on and all that, but it keeps telling me that it can't detect the camera. So maybe it is Vista. That's the pain about computers, they're upgrading too fast and we can't afford to keep all of our technology on the same level!

Kari said...

I'm so happy the first day of school went so well. I know that Tina will do great in school! She's a smart little girl. I can't believe your school day starts so early. We would never make it up in time. Lorin doesn't start school until 9:20, which is a little late especially because she doesn't get done until 3:50! She's excited to start school. One week left!!!

Eric and Brynn said...

I can't believe you have a child in school! Where did the time go? Sounds like a good day. What a good mom, you will be busy for sure!

Melissa Hernandez said...

How fun to be on the PTA. I have to also tell you that I laughed so hard when I read your bra post. I secretly have always wanted to go to Victorias Secret just to get measured correctly---but have never done it!!!! Maybe I should!!! But, I would be too sad if they move me from my B cup to an A.....maybe I should just keep wearing my B cup with a smile :O)