That is the question right now! OK I've never been into Shakespeare, but I thought this quote fit what is going on now in Dave's life. He is working at McDonald's as a store manager right now, but is looking for something more "career oriented." Since we have been married, he has worked in food and a brief 9 months in the Staffing industry. He has told me that food is his comfort zone.
He has applied for SO many different jobs, and most of the time gets the polite rejection letters. It's really hard to figure out what exactly Dave wants to do. So last night we came up with the three top jobs secretly and shared them. The only one we had in common was a job at a University. I have prayed and fasted and the only impression I was given was that he should not work on Sundays.
His new thought was to look into being a Police Officer, which I think he would be well suited for, but going back to school, and trying to work is putting a clincher into that. Hopefully we can figure it out! If anyone has an inspired idea: Please share!
3 comments:
You always think that when you grow up you'll just know what you "want to be". For some people, that's the case, and for others, it just isn't. It is confusing and frustrating! I am sure that things will work out. On a bit of a side note, I know a family where the husband is going to school and is working as a University police officer. I am not sure, but the hours may be a bit more flexible. He has been able to work and earn a degree at the same time. You may want to see if there are jobs a bit off the "beaten path". Oh, that also reminds me, my brother-in-law struggled with the same question and decided to go into the Coast Gaurd. It has been heavensent for their family. He is able to work good hours and unless he chooses to go abroad they keep him in the country. I hope that this helps...
Frank and I were in a similar position not to long ago. He was hating the stress of his job and I was hating the long hours. We had started to bicker about how much time he was working and we found out a position was opening up that would let him work less hours and be less stressful. Is there anything that is open for an upper management position? A regional manager or anything? I don't know how the hierarchy of McDonld's works, but is it possible to get a upper mgmt position if you move (assuming that moving is an option)? I wish you the best of luck in figuring it out!
Thank you for the advise about baby your baby. They have a similar program in CA, but I missed the deadline by two weeks :(
I'm glad I know for the next baby, though!!
That is so hard! I don't know what to tell you guys. I know Dave will be fun and have a good time wherever he's at, but for now, isn't it so hard?! I wish you guys luck with that! How was Tina's first day of school?!
Post a Comment