Sorry everyone for my lack of posting in the month of December. I'm sure you all were at least as busy as me. Our Christmas was wonderful. A cute checker at the grocery store said, "I'd sure love to be at your house on Christmas!" I think it was because she could feel the excitement in the kids expressions. We did have lots of fun.
It was great to be with family too. Devin and Melanie were here (and still are) and I got to meet my niece in person and I have to say I'm in love! Although I think Tina is pretty attached too. She definately made a connection because whenever she says Hi, Amy smiles at her:)
I did get a new camera, but I haven't taken the time to figure out how to put pictures on the computer yet...Sigh. One day right??
So for New year's resolutions this year I decided to go simple...
1. Read scriptures Daily
2. Pray Daily
3. Give Braden his medicine Daily
4. Be healthy (exercise and eat right Regularly)
Not bad huh? I guess I'll make mini-goals throughout the year on a weekly basis, but those are the big ones. So far, I have a few days to make up (sigh again:)
Oh, and for those fortunate people who I don't have emails to here was our newsletter for last year (I did egreetings and didn't realize I sent out 4 cards to everyone, sorry! It won't happen again!).
Dear Friends and Family,
Merry Christmas everyone! We thought this year our events could be summarized “all in our name.” So forgive me for being a little cliché.
C – Camping Trips. Our family went on two this year and plan on going more next year. Our favorite one was going where Dave did his Eagle Scout Project (17 years ago) and it still looked very good. He made wheelchair paths to the bathrooms up at Malibu-Guineva campsite in Logan Canyon.
H – Happy Birthdays are in order for Dave (the big 30 this year in January), Braden (3 in Feb), Melanie (28 in April), Brooklyn (1 in May), and Tina (6 in September).
A – Amy, Boston, and Creighton joined the family this year. Amy is Devin and Melanie’s first baby (Melanie’s brother), Boston is Kari (Dave’s sister) and Trevor’s first boy, third child, and Creighton got married to Melissa (Melanie’s sister). We are so excited to have them in our extended family and love them to pieces already!
M – McDonald’s in Brigham got demolished in October. We went and saw a backhoe tear it to pieces in one hour! A new one will be built in 3 months and in the meantime, Dave is working at other stores (Tremonton, Hyrum and Logan.) We are so grateful for the great job this has been for Dave. He has enjoyed the benefits, salary, and nice employers.
B – Blogging is Melanie’s newfound obsession. Our website is dmchambers.blogspot.com. It is a spot where we write about our day-to-day lives, thoughts and show off our cute kids. We love getting in touch with friends and family. She discovered how to do it in January and now feels more comfortable with technology (well a little bit!)
E – Entertaining vacation. Dave and Melanie had the chance to travel to Mexico on a FREE cruise with McDonald’s. The amazing thing was we were able to go just the two of us. It was wonderful. A big thank you goes to both of our parents for watching the kiddos while we had fun.
R – Resigned and got a dog. It should say Melanie resigned. We got a dachshund in February named Tag. And after a few months, we now all Rave about her. She is a sweet dog that is nice to her 1 year old tormentor and smiles at us. Melanie now sees the positive things about having a pet in the house, even though she still can’t stand the smell of pee!
S – School started. Tina is now in Kindergarten and is doing so well. She has a great teacher and although the family has all adjusted to the new lifestyle, we are all loving it. Braden has started preschool for one day a week also. He has so much fun too and can’t wait for Fridays.
We had a wonderful year and found many blessings to be grateful for. We hope you have had a wonderful year too. Merry Christmas everyone!
Love the Chambers!
5 comments:
Melanie, I'm glad to see the update! I'm sad about the no pictures, but I don't really have room to talk, I haven't had the camera near me when I post, so I guess I have less of an excuse than you :). I'm so excited to see you guys, Monday right? For Dave's birthday? We'll see you then!
By the way this is Melissa not Creighton, sorry for the confusion
So good to see you! Sorry we missed Dave - tell him hello. Love you all.
I'm glad you all fell in love with Amy. I think she fell in love with you guys too. She's lonely with just me to hang out with. Hopefully the summer comes quick so we can all hang out again. :)
What a fun post. It was a treat to hear about your wonderful year. Here's to a happy New Year!
Post a Comment