Christmas Tag
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?If it was up to my kids it would be Hot Chocolate, and I guess with all the 7-11 runs I'd have to agree. Especially with the Amaretto creamers!
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?If it was up to my kids it would be Hot Chocolate, and I guess with all the 7-11 runs I'd have to agree. Especially with the Amaretto creamers!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?We have had to compromise- Dave's Santa wrapped EVERYTHING down to the gum in their stockings! My Santa didn't wrap anything, so we compromised and Santa wraps everything except the big stuff and the clothes.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We have white lights on our house and colored lights on our tree. I grew up with white and Dave grew up with color so yet another compromise:)
4. Do you hang mistletoe?I haven't yet, but I'd like to!
5. When do you put up your decorations?Dave won't let us put them up BEFORE Thanksgiving, so we do it on the Saturday after. I assembe our christmas tree, but Dave usually puts the lights up before it gets too cold.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?I can't stop myself on the treats, but I also enjoy Ham with funeral potatoes, clam chowder, and the au jus sandwiches on christmas day at the Chambers with all the good salads to go with! Yummy:)
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?I can't believe Joanna had never heard this story until yesterday! Growing up my mom put styrofoam apples with bows on them on the tree. Back in Houston in our rental house, we had a number of critters living with us. I didn't realize until that Christmas that mice like fruit. One day there was a trail of styrofoam from the tree to the kitchen. Yes, the mice had taken off the apples and tried to eat them! We laughed, but what is really funny is that my mom STILL has those same apples decorating her tree!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My mom and dad sat down with me after my siblings went to bed and told me at the age of 12! I had just defended Santa that day in school too! It was nice though because I got to help stuff everyone else's stockings and put out their presents. I felt so big.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? My family does the PJ thing, but Dave and I still don't know what to do, slippers? , a pick your own? Story? I think this year we will stick with PJ's for the kids, but who knows next year...
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? First we assemble it, then add lights and the star on top, then comes the onaments, which the kids put on, so they are all in one place:) The kids also have a little tree in their room for their nightlight. They have their special ornaments on their little tree.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but not backwards. I haven't been for WAY too long!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? From Dave it would have to be the big surprise of a new wedding ring two years ago. This is my reaction. I was saying "What??!!" When I opened it and saw how gorgeous it was I cried. I think that was the reaction Dave was hoping for! I still love it so much. Growing up I'd have to say when I was 16 I got a sewing machine, and at the time I was not excited, but now I am SO grateful that I have it. I use it at least once a month. 

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?I love having the Christmas parties. I love making my planning lists, enjoying the kid's activities and listening to Christmas music! (I'm so glad it comes on after Halloween)
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My ultimate favorite is my Grandma Mecham's caramels. Maybe that's why I can't eat a candy bar without caramel in it!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Reading a story a day until Christmas - The friend has a fun activity of reading Stories of Jesus, so that's what we're doing this year, and I have to say, I've learned along with my kids. I also love advent calendars (I take after my mom) This year we have the felt ornament tree, a wreath with pictures, a chain Tina made in class, and a taffy a day until Christmas:)
17. What tops your tree? A fun colorful lighted star. The kids made tin foil stars for their trees.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love giving the perfect gift. The one you know the other person is going to love! (Especially when you find it for a good deal!) I also love making things. This picture is of the kids in Dave's "scrub" pajamas I made him. Needless to say they were a little big. His mom and dad were over to see the presents and Dave bent down right in front of his mom, and his pants slipped right down to his ankles! We all had a good laugh:)

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Let it Snow by Gloria Estefan. Dave's least favorite is "Little Drummer Boy" and he says, "a rump-a-your-bum" which the kids get a kick out of.
20. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? It depends on you I think. It's what you make out of it. I do notice there are a lot more commercials on for toys in December and I hear the kids saying, "I want that", but we have them write their letters to Santa early so there's a limit:) I think it is just as meaningful that it is the celebration of Christ as it is about presents for them. Braden is so cute when he says that he loves Jesus AND Santa Claus. I just have to add how cute he is right now. I've asked him what he wants to write to Santa and he'll say, "I want to write that I LOVE Santa for bringing me toys!" He actually drew a picture of Santa coming to our house instead of a list of presents in his letter:) It's so fun!!
I tag...Melissa Lewis(you wanted to get in the Christmas spirit right?), Joanna, Michelle (Mom), Marja, Kari, Jen, and Britt and whoever else wants to do this! It's fun
4 comments:
That is a fun tag! I keep forgetting to ask you in the times we've gotten to talk...but did I leave a hot pad over there the other day? I figure if I put it here, sometime you'll get around to reading this and then you can remind me since I can't seem to remember!
Have fun this afternoon!!
Thanks for playing along. I loved your answers. I would definitely have to agree with you on the 7-11 runs. They do have the best hot chocolate.
Melanie, you've always been so positive and upbeat. I think it's so awesome that you still are! I loved all your anwers. I was coming back from Dana's tonight (surely you remeber her), and I saw this house all decked out. But what was special was on their fence-they spelled out (and you could tell they spent a long time doing it themselves) "Happy Birthday, Jesus!!" I know it isn't the only house that does that, but it was so odd. So cool, but so different. It made me happy to know that someone else is willing to put the true meaning of Christmas out there instead of just Santa!
I love how you compromise all your traditions! That is what we do also! What a fun surprise to get a new wedding ring for christmas, and I love Dave's homemade scrub jammies! How FUN!
Post a Comment