I promised that I would have a picture of our thankful tree after thanksgiving. The owl on top is a contribution of Braden's Preschool project that he said would love living in our thankful tree. Some of the things we said were:
Dave:
My wife and kids
Babies
freedom
non-closing shifts at work
smiles
days off
lower gas prices
friends
friends who know how to fix vehicles
Christmas
yard work
answers to prayers
love
truck
Mel:
Education
laughter
second chances (or several)
creating crafts
bedtime
music
healthy food
deadlines
comfortable friends
being clean
medical knowledge
relaxing days
Nature
modern appliances
Husband and kids
The Gospel
Family
Tina:
My Family
Our home
School
Coats and Jackets
Tag (our dog)
Flowers
Vaccuums
Me (Tina)
Jesus' Birthday
Tools
Pumpkins
Food
Paper & Pencils
Toothbrushes & Toothpaste
Clothes
Braden:
Love
Peaches and we love them
Toaster
Socks and Shoes
Jesus
Body
Grandmas and Grandpas
Sleep and dogs can move
Braden loves his family
Cameras
Klaire-bear brought us a dog
Preschool
Bread and healthy food
So as you can tell we had interesting things to be thankful for. I think this is definately a tradition we will continue each year. One funny story was on my "relaxing days" leaf, my mom didn't have her glasses on and thought it said "relaxing drugs"! I've had several good laughs about that one:) It has been interesting to think of one thing that we have been thankful for that day. I can't believe how many blessings we have, but I'm sure glad that we were able to do this! We had a great Thanksgiving with our family. I love getting together and laughing. There's nothing greater in the world and I get so grateful that we will be able to have this bit of Heaven with us eternally. I hope that everyone else's thanksgivings were wonderful too.
6 comments:
What a cute Thanksgiving tree, love it! Hope you had a fun Thanksgiving!!!
I know, the kids come up with great things to be thankful for. I'm glad we ended up still doing ours this year too.
That Thanksgiving tree is so cute that is such a great fun idea! Happy Thanksgiving!
What a great idea!
Man Mel, that was a really great post! I'm thankful for a big sister who is such a good example to me in so many ways, for her kids that are SO fun to play with (and hilarious), for memories and get-togethers, and for a Christmas Break that can't come soon enough! You're awesome! Give your kids and husband a huge hug from us!
What a cute idea, Mel. I love it & am so glad you shared.
Post a Comment