So yesterday was our 9 year anniversary. Is it crazy that it's almost been a decade?? I love it though because we were married in 2000, so it's easy to keep track of. I think it has had ups and downs, but for the most part I would describe it as "contentment".
I absolutely LOVE spending every minute I can with Dave. (I'm not sure he feels the same way...I'll have to ask him.) But the family loves him so much. I love working on projects with him. I love talking to him about finances (and I KNOW he does not share that love!) He is so fun.
I was reflecting on how we have changed and stayed the same (then life interrupted) but I did come to the conclusion that I turned from a happy-go-lucky girl to a worry-wort mom, but I still love social gatherings. Dave went from an easy-going guy to a hard-nosed manager (at least some employees have told me so), but he has kept his amazing work ethic and great sense of humor. I think kids have a lot to do with those changes, but I think that is the best thing we've done together! What would our lives be without them? I think it would be pretty dull! At least they keep my life VERY occupied.
So yesterday was not a big event, but content is the word again I will use to describe it. Dave got take out from our favorite Chinese place (Mandarin Garden). We actually went to Wendy's for frosties, and I also got a king size Snickers with Almond (my favorite.) And we watched "Doubt" with Meryll Streep and Amy Adams. All I can say about that was "interesting". And it wasn't his first choice, but what can you do with redbox? Dave had meetings during the day and I had piano students, so we figure we will celebrate during the month. We plan on going to Yellowstone on a camping excursion with the kids on the 16th and that can be our big celebration. I'm sure we will hit the theatre eventually to see "Star Trek" and "Angels and Demons" too.
I just love being relaxed. Especially when I'm in my last trimester. Oh, update on that is that I have low iron. I get so tired and that explained it. I was so relieved that it wasn't gestational diabetes. The baby is also measuring big so they are going to do another ultrasound at 32 weeks to check on him. We have tentatively come up with the name Cole David, but are not for sure yet.
So that was the exciting day:) Sorry it's so scatterbrained. That's what you get with my pregnant mind plus 3 kids running around me!
7 comments:
wow! Happy anniversary! That is awesome! We will celebrate 5 years this year...and welcome new baby boy! so excited!
Yay for 9 years! Our 5 year is in a couple weeks.
You really crack me up Melanie. ( : I can't believe you are a worry-wart mom! Every time I have ever seen you there is a smile on your face and you don't seem worried about anything! (I mean that in a good way of course.) You just seem so content and laid back and I love that about you. You seem to just go with the flow.
I hope you do get to do something fun for your anniversary, and I hope you can keep on top of life while feeling tired! Let me know if you ever need anything.
I really enjoy having Braden in my class by the way- he's really smart and always has lots of things he's excited about and wants to tell me.
Congrats on the anniversary! We saw Doubt too and thought it was strange. We are waiting to see Angels and Demons until we finish re-reading the book. We are almost through. And I do like the name Cole David. We're getting excited to meet him. :)
Happy Anniversary Dave and Mel!
And I love the name Cole David btw!
Oh Melanie, I just love you! It was fun talking to you a little bit today. And I really think that despite being a "worry-wart" mom, you sure do know how to keep your kids really happy, and to stay positive! I've always been impressed with that talent of yours. And, you know what, you can't make every anniversary big...heck, we didn't even make our first one very big :). And I am glad that you don't have gestational diabetes either. Low iron is a lot easier to manage :). But I am excited for your baby to get here...it'll mean another cousin for ours (and that our baby will be here!) Sorry this is so long. We sure love you guys!
Hi Dave! I found your blog from Kari's. It is so fun to see you and your cute little family. How are you and what are you up to these days? I would love to hear from you. I have a blog as well, check it out... http://timandrosanne.blogspot.com/
Happy Anniversary!! Phillip and I will be celebrating our "9th" in Aug. Time sure does fly by. I'm with 'ya on the changes that kids instill. Life wouldn't be the same w/o 'em...but boy do they change a person. Congrats on baby boy Cole! He will be a lucky little one to have you as his mom. :)
Post a Comment