Sunday, July 12, 2009

In Denial

I've been telling everyone lately that I am in denial that I am pregnant. Not that I don't feel pregnant, but I haven't even wanted to think about the newborn phase again...Dave told me that I need to stop looking at the negatives though, and I think he's right. Tina has been asking me about how hard it is being a mom, and what am I going to do when she goes to school etc. She picks up a lot more than I think sometimes!

So my brain went into overload one night and I had a dream that I had had the baby ( My belly was squishy again) and we were somewhere like church or out in public, but I wasn't holding the baby and had no recollection of the labor or delivery of this baby. After that dream I had a "wake-up call" that I needed to get ready for this little one, so the next day I changed Brooklyn over into a twin bed (always a hard adjustment!) and moved the crib (with my pregnant neighbor - that was fun!) into Braden's room. And then begged Dave to get the kids little clothes out of the attic. I did not realize that we had SO many boy clothes, so that is our next project - going through them. I figure that if I can start getting ready, maybe my mind will feel better.

I have a month left, and it's been a pretty normal pregnancy for me. I've taken the 8 month tumble (luckily no one saw this time!) I fall at 8 months with all my pregnancies. This time it was while holding Brooklyn, but she was safe! I've had low iron, but with supplements I feel great. It does feel bigger than the other ones, but I'm still pretty small in the belly department. We had another ultrasound because the baby was measuring big, and they confirmed that it was a boy - and we did decide on Cole David for sure. Its growing on me. He seems shy because when I have someone feel for him, he stops moving. Hopefully that's a sign for mellow baby!

I am excited...I just get frazzled when all the kids are crying at the same time or yelling etc. Is it me or does the noise level increase with each child?? Anyway, mine get louder:( But on the bright side, I am excited for another boy. They seem so easy. Plus the newborns just bring the peace of heaven into our home. The closer it gets, the more excited the whole family is to see this little one. Now the only question is...will he have brown or blue eyes??

6 comments:

LeeAnne said...

I think I understand how you feel... Not that I have 3 kids already! But I did have Carlitos, and boy was he a newborn, the kind who was awake all hours of the night, some nights he cried non-stop for hours on end. He was mellow and calm during the day, but at night... I am excited about having another baby too (I'm due in January), but I am really nervous about what those first few weeks will be like. I hope Carlitos won't be too jelous... maybe he'll be my little helper? Anyway, I can't wait to meet baby Cole! I hope he's a mellow one ;)

Melissa Hernandez said...

I'm sooo excited for you. atleast your kids are old enough that they can help you a little. That's definately a plus!! Hey I just made my blog private so if yu want an invite send me your e-mail address to missysuehernandez@hotmail.com, it's been so fun keeping in touch!!Good luck with your last month,,,it's definately the hardest!

Carli said...

I kind of feel the same way...like this pregnancy is not a "real" as my first. I am kind of willing him to stay inside because it is just easier that way! But, I love hom just the same and know everything will work out. Our babies will be really close in age!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

I love Cole David! If I had another boy (which I won't) I really like the name Cole.
Also, I felt the same way when I was pregnant with Maggie. I remember laying in the bathtub one day, watching my belly move around like an alien and bawling my eyes out! I was hysterical! Robert thought I was hurt. "I changed my mind!" I said. "I just can't do it!" He tried to calm me down but I'll admit the worry never really went away until after she was born. I'm not saying it was easy, it took some getting used to for sure but the kids actually helped out a lot. And it got even easier when Daisey started school!
Sorry, I'm rambling on but I hope that helped. You're a wonderful mommy and you'll do great!
I can't wait to meet him! :)

Anonymous said...

Melanie, you continue to amaze me. You have the most fun family and I love every time we can spend time together! And I'm so excited for little Cole to come, and Anna will have such a fun little playmate. They'll be so close to the same age! We sure love you so much! Keep up the good work, not too much longer!

Melanie said...

I am hoping every day that you have your baby before we have to go back to WV! We are excited to meet this little guy. I'll try to have Amy behave so that she won't add anymore noise to your house. I'm sure she is louder than all your kids combined. Happy screaming isn't bad though right?!