Sunday, August 9, 2009

Monster Summer Catch-up

I have to apologize...I thought this summer was going to be not very eventful, but I feel like I haven't had a chance to catch my breath! We have had a ton of fun, and been very busy. I need to do this today, before the baby comes...TOMORROW!
July was full of trips to Logan to visit visiting siblings. Dave's sister Kari was here and we always have so much fun together, even if it gets more chaotic with the additional children we have every time:). We got to know little Boston (9 months) better, and he is such a cutie. He is such a happy, busy little guy. And his baby blue eyes are so expressive. They just have a fun family. I just love spending time with Kari. She and I are the same age, and got really close when I started dating Dave. Here are the girls dancing to "I wanna hold your hand" by the Beatles at Charlie's ice cream shop.
The Chambers golf tournament is something I look forward to every year, and although I was 8 1/2 months pregnant, I did not want to miss out! Here's the proof - Dave and I on the tee box.And afterwards, we were all smiles, because with the help of Jeff and Jake Major, we won this year!The cousins had so much fun playing that all I could get were candid shots, but it was great. We went on what was called the "red neck water slide" which is basically a slip and slide down a mountain. They had a big and small one. I only tried it once, but Tina was a little dare-devil that surprised us all! She loved the big one. Dave had a ball too, and Braden entertained us with his pee show on the sidelines (he literally dropped his pants, went potty on the side, and stood watching people go forgetting to pull them up!). I'm at my parents house blogging, so I don't have those pictures, but it was great...When we got back, Gary decided to try his version of the slide and took off his playset slide, tied a hose to it, and aimed it at the slip and slide. When the kids were tired of that, he put it into the wading pool. Here is him and Dave entertaining the kids
After many wonderful visits with the Chambers, it was now time for my brother Devin to fly in with his cute girls, Melanie and Amy. We went up the canyon to celebrate Melissa's birthday and Brooklyn just loved on Amy. I think they are going to be great friends:) It has been fun spending time with them because they live far away, so we eat it up when they come. I am in awe of all that Melanie does...She is so talented with sewing and jewelry. Plus she is such a cute mom to Amy. Amy is at the fun getting very mobile stage. Brooklyn would mimic her movements too. They are a little competitive too...must get that from their dads!:) I hate to admit that I don't have a picture of this, but Melissa (my sister) also had her first baby on July 22nd. A beautiful baby girl named Anna who is a doll. She already has me wrapped around her finger, because I figured out how to make her stop crying when I held her. I guess it could also be that she senses her new cousins' presence and the extra padding provided?? But I think it is so much fun watching my sister become a mom. One of those life-changing moments. She's doing so good too. She constantly amazes me with her courage, optimism, and sweet disposition.

We also had a Primary Children's visit thrown into the mix, which was really encouraging. I'll have to post later about the medical report, but I had to get a picture of Dave trying to keep them busy while waiting for the Doctor:) I guess one thing I'm a little concerned about is the fact that this new little one has a one in four chance of having the same deficiency as Braden. I guess I'll have to be patient!

Sorry for the monster catch-up. It's good that we have a date set for me to work towards a deadline. As far as prepping for the baby, we have the crib and pack and play set up. And one thing I love to do before a baby is steam clean the carpets. Dave was a sweetheart and did that so fast on Friday. Thanks honey! I have been a little scatterbrained, but overall, we are all excited to have Cole David join our family. I have left out a lot of other things this summer, but it's late and I'm REALLY losing brain cells!:) So next update: baby time:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the baby today! If you need a break on Thursday or Friday, call and we'll be glad to have Tina and Braden down to play. Brooklyn too, if you want a little one on one time. Just let me know!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Veronica said...

What a fun summer! I can't believe you are having your baby tomorrow. Good luck and can't wait to see pics!