Hello all, I (Melanie) am back! Cole is now over 2 weeks old and I am finally feeling more like myself. We had a crazy time after Cole was born. We went home a couple of days, came up to my parents house while Dave took Tina and Braden to Bear Lake, and I ended up going up for one night also. Then we headed up to Melissa's in-laws for Dave to go fishing with Creighton and the kids and I enjoy a show - Aladdin - at the Mystique (a fun theatre).
We have been home for about a week getting ready to start school on Monday! Tina has met her teacher - Mrs. Bell who is fresh out of college. I'm excited to volunteer in her class hopefully. Braden has been to his open house for preschool and I can't wait to see how it goes. I've heard good things about his school and I was glad to get him in. He starts on Tuesday. I love getting back on a schedule:)
Cole did well on his 2 week appointment. He gained about 2 oz a day and is now back up to 6 lbs. 10 oz. He is still just tiny, but I was encouraged that he is growing. Also we found out that he does NOT have CPT-2 deficiency like Braden (yeah!) I am so relieved. He is a sweet little baby that I grow to love even more every day. He is starting to sleep more regularly at night, and thankfully Dave has gotten up with him more than any other baby. Thanks honey! Tina and Brooklyn fight over who gets to hold him. We have only had one incident where Brooklyn hit, but time outs have solved that (I hope). I think Braden will play with him more when he gets older:) I asked him what he thought of his new little brother, and he said, "Good."
Last night Dave took the girls on a father-daughter camp-out with the ward, and I got to spend some good time with my boys. It was so fun and I know the girls had fun with daddy. It's funny because Dave said when he is with kids they never whine, but as soon as they come home, that is what they do to me. Mothers are made for that I guess?? Or maybe it's just me?? Anyway, that's all the news from our neck of the woods for now.
7 comments:
Your family is just so sweet!! I love the picture of Cole. He is beautiful!! I love his dark hair.
It sounds like you are diving right back into life!! I don't know if I could have handled all that traveling right after I had my kiddos!! You are super-woman!!
I find that schedules do my family good, too. And...I too have struggles with the "whineys" at my house. Oh well, what's a mom to do?? :) Good luck and I hope you're getting some sleep!!!
I can't believe you have four! Wow, can't believe I will have four in a few weeks. Sounds like y'all have been super busy, but glad to know you're surviving.
BTW, I used to read Devin's blog all the time but never did after they went private. Could you send them my email and ask them to add me as a reader? vnandrew555@yahoo.com
I'm glad you are starting to find a schedule again. I can' believe how tiny he is! I hope things are going well over there. I'm always around if you ever need anything. ( : By the way, Tabitha came home from the campout where she had lots of fun with Dad and instantly turned into a brat just for ME! I think they do it just for mothers!
He's so sweet! I can't wait to meet him! And just so you know, I too bring out the whining in my children! lol
I'm glad you are surviving. I can't imagine having a newborn and taking care of 3 other kids. You are amazing!
You really are amazing, you guys are so busy and always just happy :) We're so glad we could see you today, thanks for coming to the blessing! We're excited for Cole's. I am with you on getting back on a schedule. It's helped a lot, although we're still trying to get on a schedule. We sure love you guys!
He is so darn little and cute! And you look GREAT! I love your new haircut! Let me know if you need anything!
Post a Comment