Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy Birthday


Well, Dave is officially 32! His birthday was yesterday, and the kids made homemade presents for him. He got a mountain scene from Braden, complete with a telescope (rolled up paper), a "submarine" from Brooklyn - with help from Tina, and a cute homemade envelope with hearts that said things Tina loved about her Daddy on them. And I made him oatmeal cake (yum). Unfortunately since we started Weight Watchers, I calculated the points, and one piece of cake is as much as a dinner is!! Oh well, we enjoyed our one piece anyway!

Dave also started P90X workout system which is intense! It'll be interesting to see what March brings. I on the other hand started Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, so I'll see what Feb. brings:) I can only devote 20 min a day vs. the hour Dave spends!

I think the biggest gift for him this year has been that HE GOT A JOB with Malt-O-Meal. It's a local factory that makes cereal. He is really excited about having a job with awesome benefits, not too much responsibility (he'll be able to leave work there!), good friends, upward opportunity, and a new schedule. He started tonight, (thus the extra computer time for me) and works graveyards, so it will definately be a change for us. This is definately something we are all grateful for!

5 comments:

Jolene said...

Melanie that is so great the Dave is working there. We've heard good things about that place! Let me know how the 30 day shred goes for you. I'm in need of some new workout ideas! We need to all get together soon:)

Holly said...

I'm glad he got the job, though sorry it's probably going to be a tough change with the graveyard shift. I hope it all works out ok!

Melanie said...

Congrats on the job! And good luck with the workouts. I really like Jillian Michaels workout. However, I just started P90X too. We'll see if I can last. It's tough!

Krystal said...

Melanie!! I just came accross your blog and am so glad to have an update on your family. If you don't remember me, I'm Krystal Jeppsen (use to live in the "Harper" Ward and moved just after it was made the "Brigham Willows" ward). I use to get a little info from Dave when we'd visit McD's...but it's been awhile!

I'm thrilled to hear he has a new job. Congrats!
Also, congrats on the new baby...such a sweetie!

Cody and Sharice said...

Hooray for the new job at Malt-O-Meal. That really is such great news! I hope things are going well. I have not forgot to bring that stuff over, I don't know why I have been dragging my feet. I really will try to do it within the next week if you are still interested.

P.S. Happy Belated Birthday Dave!