Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ultimate Gift FHE year

Our new favorite movie is called, "The Ultimate Gift". It's one of those inspirational movies that makes you want to follow your dreams, be charitable, etc. I recommend it to everyone! At the end of the movie, they had a plug for a "ultimate gift family experience kit" which covers all 12 of the gifts. They said you could do one each month and I thought I could make up my own! So far it is wonderful to have a "theme" for each month, and I am not quite done yet, but I like what I have so far, so for any of you needing ideas here you go:
Jan - Gift of Work
1-Chore night
2-Time capsule with future jobs
3-Occupations
4-Family Project (volunteer work)
Feb - Gift of money
1-Allowance
2-Tithing
3-Budget
4-
March - Gift of Friends
1-Friends
2-Kindness
3-Respect
4-Forgiveness
April - Gift of Learning
1-
2- Scripture Study
3- Talents
4-
May - Gift of Problems
1-Adversity
2-Tender Mercies
3-
4-
June - Gift of Family
1-Family Garden
2-Family Tree
3-Family Unity
4-
July - Gift of Laughter
1-Humor
2-Happy Boxes
3-
4-
August - Gift of Dreams
1-Goals
2-
3-
4-
September - Gift of Giving
1-Service
2-Humanitarian project
3-Volunteering
4-
October - Gift of Gratitude
1-Thanksgiving
2-Manners
3-
4-
November - Gift of a Day
1-Peace
2-
3-
4-
December - Gift of Love
1-Compassion
2-Christ-Centered Life
3-
4-Christmas

If anyone has ideas to fill in, PLEASE share, I'm always looking for inspiration!

2 comments:

Cody and Sharice said...

I Love that movie! What a great idea to incorporate it into your family's life! Melanie you are so inspiring to me, you always give me such great ideas! I will probably be stealing this one! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is such a good idea! That would probably make it easier for us to actually have a family night. It's hard when Creighton has to work every Monday night. But I'll let you know if I have any ideas for your blanks. :) Love you!