Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cole's 7 months old today!


Isn't this bad that I have to post 2 in a row? So don't forget to look at Braden's birthday below! I finally found the hookups and time to download the pictures today, thanks to Cole's 7 month picture. Today he started sitting up on his own! I love each level of development when they are babies, because they seem to have a new level of happiness. Just when he was getting tired of leaning back and just looking at things, he starts sitting up and can reach for things and play! He now cries when I put him in the bouncer seat, but he loves his little high chair with cheerios to push around.
At his 6 month appointment, the doctor told me I need to supplement because he only weighed 12 lbs. The only problem is that he refuses to take a bottle. And I tried pumping, but like the times before, no luck. So I guess I just keep introducing it everyday and hope one of these times, he won't fight back so bad.
I sure love this kid. And he loves me - separation anxiety is starting to present itself. I think that is what I get because I never leave him with anyone, he is my little buddy. One thing he does that I will miss dearly when he gets older is after I pick him up out of bed in the morning, he just nuzzles his head into my shoulder and squeezed my neck with his hand. It's his own little hug every morning, and I eat it up! I love this stage. He laugh randomly at the kids. Tina was yelling at me one day, and Cole started belly laughing! Braden was telling me something in his very loud animated tone, and Cole cracked up. Brooklyn can bring out some big smiles, and then loud grunts if she starts to lay on him. This boy is loved!

7 comments:

Creighton said...

Oh, Anna has started doing that hug thing too! Not all the time, but it's SO special! Cole is so cute :) and I can't wait until I can watch all of your kids! That's awesome that he's sitting up. Don't you just love the stages?! And Happy Birthday Braden! He is seriously so much fun, I just love that kid! He cracks me up as well.

So I need to call you, because we might have a change of plan. Anna's been pretty sick all week, and I thought she'd be sleeping better but she hasn't been. So, anyway, I'll call you (You'll still be watching her, just probably not the WHOLE time we're gone).

Anyway, I sure love you guys, and I can't wait to see you again! Love you!

Creighton said...

Oh, and if you haven't guessed, this is Melissa...sorry

Family News said...

I'm attempting my own hunt and peck today....I just had to comment since we keep talking about these little guys growing up on us! When I first got home after my surgery I made Joseph bring me Ammon. I had totally missed him all day and couldn't wait to cuddle with him!

Melissa Hernandez said...

i can't believe how quick are babies are growing up, it seems like we were just doing posts of them being born, it's killing me how fast time is flying!

Unknown said...

What a cutie. I can hardly wait to get my hands on him!!

Miriam said...

Melanie,
Thanks for the comment on my blog post about March Madness. There is a fun way to do a contest online. Email me your's and Dave's email addresses and we'll include you in ours! miriam_franson@yahoo.com

Miriam

Melanie said...

He is getting so big! Last time we saw him he was just brand new. Now he's getting all grown up. How fun. And tell Braden happy birthday from us. He really is a big ball of fun. We miss that crazy kid.