Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Big 8!







I am now the proud mother of an 8 year old. She is such a sweetheart to put up with this time of craziness. I felt bad because we have been focusing on moving, that's right moving! Dave has flown the coop to work in Colorado, and we are trying to follow as fast as possible. So I have been focusing on that. Tina got really sad on Sunday and wanted to have her daddy back, so I had to think of something great for her birthday to offset the saddness. My solution was on short notice, get her cousins to join her at the roller rink. It was nice to have it with them. And Mindi played the gracious host to have everyone back at her house for pizza, cake and ice cream. I have the best family-in-laws!!!

She received a Barbie pool from Braden, a wii game from Cole, a Barbie dress from Brooklyn and an art set from me. She also got a gift card to Claire's and some $$! She wants a Nintendo DS, and has thought about saving up, but now she wants to save that one for Christmas, lol! (I don't blame her)...

In a way it feels like she has been 8 for a while. She is very mature for her age - maybe that comes from being the oldest? She is such a beauty, inside and out. I love when she gets excited for things. I have all the confidence in the world for her. I know she will achieve whatever she wants to. She is so smart. We talked about Baptism, and she is more ready than I was. She is actually excited to fast and repent! I admire this sweet daughter of mine. I am so grateful to be her mother. I think I have learned more from her than she will ever learn from me.

Happy Birthday Tina!, Love, Mommy (or should I say Mom now?)

5 comments:

Family News said...

Oh, Katelyn will be mad at me!! She kept asking about sending Tina something for her birthday and well...me procrastinating....yeah, I forgot. Belated is alright isn't it?

So now what's your gameplan? Are you still aiming for right away? Have you started advertising your house yet? You're so good to do this so fast. Let's see, Joseph was gone for 15 months and I knew I'd leave sometime, yet still look at my last minute packing frenzy! And I would've never even gotten started if you hadn't come over and "forced" me into it;-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tina! I still remember the day she was born and can't believe it was 8 years ago. . . but then I wasn't even in high school yet, so maybe I can believe it haha. I'm sorry I didn't call, but I'm glad the day was so special for her. We sure love Tina!

BigEd said...

What's the scoop with Durango? I want details. I will call you. Love you guys.

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Happy Birthday Tina! You're such a fun mom! I bet she loved rollerskating! I still picture her as that pretty baby with the blue eyes and pink binkie! :)

Ashley said...

Love it! Love you guys and miss are your cute smiling faces.