Monday, November 8, 2010

The big move!

Welcome back!! I apologize for the delay in the pictures and updates. We just had our internet and phone installed, so we are back in business! I just wanted to show you some pictures of important events in October:
1. Tina got baptised on October 7th in Brigham City - the last day we were there. Everyone was able to come that lived close, so the love and support was felt by all. Tina is such an amazing girl. She knew all the answers when she was interviewed by the Bishop. The service was great and Dave was able to baptise her and confirm her a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. What a milestone!
Then came the move the next day. We left a little later than we were expecting and this was my view for 12 hours (The moving truck) it was a nice drive with beautiful views. We pulled in at 12:30 am so technically we got there on Dave's dad's birthday, October 9th - Happy Birthday Gary!
Generally the first thing I get set up wherever I live is my library card. I was in for a nice surprise when I found the library. It's only a year old. It was SO nice I had to take a picture. We lived on tons of movies, books, and tapes while waiting for the internet:)
Here is our church. I've noticed a common theme is triangular windows in Colorado. The building has them, but the inside looks like a normal church. The primary room is called "the children's meeting room". I love our ward. Everyone has been very friendly and nice. We have attended a RS meeting, Primary activity, and Trunk or treat all in a month!

We had to take advantage of our packing boxes and made a haunted house. Here's the kids pulling "scary faces".

This is the amazing school that the kids attended on their first day - October 14th. It's called Riverview Elementary. It is such beautiful scenery. You can see our church from the school too. Braden had a field trip in New Mexico to a pumpkin patch, and Tina has received 2 "eagle awards". If she gets 10 she can eat lunch with the principal. The school is very fun and it has an art room, music room, counselor's room, a built in preschool, and 3 playgrounds. We love it!

So there you have a glimpse of our life here in Colorado. We are really grateful to be here. Hopefully I can upload some videos of our house so you can get a better idea. We wish everyone well, and can't wait to get caught up with everyone else.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad everything is going well for you. It sure looks like a nice place to live.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so happy to see pictures! It sounds so amazing :) I sure miss you guys, but hopefully it won't be too long until we get to visit you. The school sounds amazing, and the library :). How fun!!

Veronica said...

Oh come on! That is just a tease. You gotta post some more stuff! Looks like y'all are having a great time out there.

Ronna & Dave said...

Glad to hear and see that all is going so well for you. We will anxiously look for your further updates.

Family News said...

Looks like a nice town. Are the kids able to walk to school still? You asked about posting your video tour--the only way I know how to do it is load it on youtube then paste the link in your blog. I know there's a way you can actually embed it all, I just haven't played with it enough to figure that out!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying the move. Others have not been so lucky. My kids miss yours terribly and keep asking when you're coming back. BTW you are so creative and such a fun mom, building a haunted house, I would have never thought of that!