Friday, December 3, 2010

Whoa Slow down!






















OK, am I the only one who feels like the weeks are flying by in the blink of an eye? We have moved from Halloween to Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here tomorrow, and I don't have
anything besides the Christmas Cards and the tree up. No presents or even a list yet! But in spite of that we are still having a blast. I did get a pang of homesickness while talking to my mom and they were playing a game at Melissa's house. But that was it!

Halloween was a little scatterbrained, and I didn't get a good picture of all the kids dressed up, but there's one of Braden on an ambulance as a ghost...fitting huh? Then he decided to be "super Ronald McDonald" for school and then just a McDonald's worker - he's recycling last year's costume. Tina was Belle, and then a fairy princess. Brooklyn was a cheetah girl, and Cole was the standard Bumble bee costume. Dave and I just found stuff. I think the older we are the less creative we get!
Thanksgiving did turn up one stray for us to invite over. Dave's co-worker Melanie came and celebrated low-key with us. Then we all went to Harry Potter, and Braden spent most of the time on her lap:) There was a part where a snake jumped out, and Braden exclaimed, "That surprised me!" He sure cracks me up. I don't have a lot of pictures, but we did make "hand turkey cookies".
Now with December upon us, I was gently reminded by Melissa that I needed to update! It is crazy to see how fast time flies, but I am grateful for the season. I think it will be a little different that what we are used to, but as Dave loves to point out, we both enjoy change! This has been a big change, and our family has embraced it whole heartedly. I am so grateful to be a mom to such wonderful children. I am glad to have the gospel in our lives. I am the Primary Choirster now (I have been hoping for this calling for a long time!), and Dave is going to be the 16-18 year old sunday school teacher, and I know he will be perfect for the job. He loves teaching and working with the youth. Granted there are only 3-4 kids in the class, he will make it fun:)

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad things are going well for you. You are going to make a wonderful chorister. It's the best kept secret in the church:) It's so much fun! Let me know if you need ideas, although I'm sure you have more than me. I know a couple of really good blogs that have helped me out. Miss you.

Ronna & Dave said...

We are so glad you are doing so well. We know that you always make the best of any situation you are in. You are such a good mom and are always doing such creative things with them. We love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so happy to see these pictures! How I miss you guys! It is so crazy how much time has gone by! I'm glad to see you kept the Harry Potter tradition on Thanksgiving :). Haha, I just remember when we went and the power went out that night, I think for the first Harry Potter movie! That was a long time ago haha.

Oh and what fun callings for you guys! I hope you have an awesome Christmas season, and I'm just sorry we can't be more a part of it. Love you! Thanks for the update!