Sorry I don't have pictures...it's lame because I just need 2 new batteries for the camera...so that's my excuse.
My family came out for my birthday!! It was so fun. We watched conference together on an air mattress. We introduced them to Serious Texas BB-Q, but I don't think anyone will eat that again (except Dave) because we all got sick! We showed them the riverwalk, which is gorgeous! I had to take them to the library to show them the cool self-check out feature, and we went to the Durango Mall, which although very small had everyone's favorite stores: Christopher and Banks for my mom, Claire's for Tina, and Maurices for Joanna, and Vanity for Melissa. I discovered Bealls: found a shirt on sale that I really like!! Best of both worlds.
I just want to tell my family how much I love being with them! It was so good to see my cute sisters, and my niece and brand new nephew. And I think I talk my parent's ears off whenever I get the chance. I learn so much from them, and enjoy telling them everything I am learning. I gave them the Dave Ramsey CD's from the class I took. I hope they enjoy them:)
I'm excited to go there this summer. We are still ironing out the details, but we may be there for 3 weeks depending on the visiting circumstances...In the meantime, we are looking for a new place to rent. The house we are in has sold so we need to be out by June 30th. It gets a little tricky to find a place big enough for the 6 of us, without breaking the bank, but I have faith something great will work out. Maybe this will give me the boost I need to take some pictures!
3 comments:
Happy birthday! It's so nice that you got to have family come visit for it! :)
PS- Dave Ramsey rocks! He kept me very entertained for that Vegas road trip! -bonus- and got me excited about family finances of all things, which appears to be the whole point of it :D
Oh I loved visiting you guys! It was so awesome to see your cute family and actually see you in person. Thanks for your hospitality! I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again soon :). By the way Anna is saying "Cole, Bookinn, Tina, and Brayna" haha. She hasn't forgotten that trip! We love you guys so much. Oh, and I loved listening to the Dave Ramsey CDs! You got me hooked! Thanks Melanie!
Sounds like a fun visit! Good luck finding a new place. (((hugs)))
Post a Comment