Monday, May 23, 2011

Change!

Goodbye old green house...






I'm finally getting to posting our move! We learned about it and 2 weeks later, we were done. I think we are getting more efficient, but I always think we have too much stuff every time:) Our new home is quite a bit smaller but has some perks (the bathtub!!), walk in closets, a "bumpy" driveway - the kids love that, and a great big yard. The scenery is amazing and the pictures don't do it justice. I'm so grateful for everyone who helped us move, babysit, clean, and pack. I couldn't have done it so fast without all that help.
In other change news, the kids will be going to a different elem. school (I'm really excited, it's smaller and everyone raves about how good it is.) I also
cut my hair shorter than it's ever been - pictures to come - and as you can see Brooklyn decided to try her hand at cutting hair also. Tina had a piano achievement day festival the day that we moved, and did so well she earned a medallion with her name engraved on the back. I was so proud of her accomplishment. She worked very hard and learned all her scales in 2 months!! All thanks to a great piano teacher, Mika Lambert.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay you got the post up! And I have to say I'm embarrassed that I didn't even hear you guys moved! And it's already done! I obviously didn't get to talk to you long enough the other day. And I still feel bad about not wishing Brooklyn a happy birthday. So Happy Birthday Brooklyn! I'm glad things are going well. Love you sis!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Wow! What fun! Congrats to Tina! And that bathtub is to die for! I'm jealous!

OccupyThis said...

Glad your move went well. I am hoping ours will go as smoothly. And I love the bathtub! It would be awesome to have one like that in our next place. Also, can't wait to see pics of your hair. I hope you are liking it shorter. I love mine shorter. Much easier. PS This is Melanie. :)

FlourPetal said...

I am totally on the bad friend list. I had no idea you moved and no idea that you cut your hair!!! I cut mine too....miss you...........

Holly said...

Glad the move went ok and that you had help! Sounds like a TON of work. We'll be doing that next month while it's well over 100 degrees every day. Sigh. Sorry to hear about the hair cutting mishap. Yikes!