Thursday, August 18, 2011

Our UT trip

This hammock swing was the hit of the trip. We would have to give the kids 10 pushes each so they would share. If we had trees, we would totally get one!
Brooklyn loves the baby swing!
The classic North Logan 24th day parade. Not too busy, lots of candy and a fun park full of activities afterwards. Thank goodness Joanna was able to help me man the kids!
We found this great park with a splash pad. The kids had a blast both times!
Playing with Grandpa Chambers. Throwing sticks in the canal and seeing which one comes first.
Aren't these girls so cute? Tina, Anna, Brooklyn, and Amy (along with cute Melanie - Amy's mom) enjoying Aggie Ice Cream cones.
So our 3 week adventure has ended. We did have a lot of fun, and these are some random pictures taken from our "backup" camera. We started off the fun with Kari and enjoyed a "redneck water park" created by Grandpa Gary. It was completed with a slide attached with a slip and slide down a hill. We loved the BBQs with the family, the amazing fireworks compliments of Mont, and the hike, bowling, and feeding the ducks. The kids enjoyed the backyard more than I can express also. I came back wanting to garden and learn how to operate a weed whacker. I also have to give a big thank you to the chambers for boarding us for the entire time. We also made a few meetings and they came to the rescue in helping watch the kids for Braden's Dr. appointment. We also had a blast at the Children's museum in Salt Lake, but I think we were all worn out after that!! It's amazing how fast kids can disappear even with 3 adults watching them!
Our Daines time was especially fun when Devin and his cute family came to join us. We went to the fun park, splash pad, and Lava Hot springs. Lava has a fun tubing river that was quite dramatic. Tina went with Paga Daines, Joanna, Jeff, and Stephanie - my cousin. They tipped over and lost flip flops, confidence, and glasses. My trip down the river wasn't quite so scary, but very fun. I can't forget the slurpee run and learning the game "Telestrations", school shopping, and a DI adventure. Cole celebrated his 2nd birthday there, and I ran out of batteries unfortunately, but he had an extended birthday at home with Daddy.
In looking back, it was a very eventful fun time...but we all missed Daddy, and I think next time we will cut it shorter for everyone's sanity. Dave's co-worker said she was glad we were back because now Dave could return to normal. I'm glad we have a positive effect on him:) We feel complete again too. Thank you to everyone who had fun with us!! We sure love you all:)

1 comment:

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

I'm so glad that we got to see you guys! Your kids are adorable and growing up so fast!