Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dave's Store Opening


Thanks everyone for enduring my catching up:) Oh, by the way, I find out in 1 day what the gender is going to be!!! I'll need lots of name suggestions too:)


So back in Feburary (the 21st I believe) Dave's McDonald's store opened. To illustrate how crazy it's been here are some figures...Starting in January, they, meaning Dave and his boss Toni, interviewed and hired 73 employees (over 400 people applied). Dave's old store ended with about 40 employees. Then they had to train everyone in three different stores so that they would know what they were doing when the new store opened up. When the store opened, it made more in a week than some stores make in a month! Dave was there from morning to night and he did pull an overnight shift and told me after that he never wants to do that again! Luckily for us it has slowed down since then.


The day before it opened, Dave invited all of the families of the employees to eat dinner there for free:) That was fun and the kids loved the brand new playland. My grandparents came down and loved it also! I'm so glad they came. The day before that was "dignitaries night" and all the important people were supposed to be there. It was nice and quiet though because there was so much snow hardly anyone came. Dave's parents made it before the storm got too bad, but unfortunately my parents couldn't make it through the storm. Both nights the kids played in the playland for about 5 hours.


The toddlers love the music toys like the piano slide in the picture that make sounds as you slide down. There are also 4 computers with games and a basketball center. The main lobby has this cool glass with real twigs in it, 2 TVs and a fireplace. And I don't know if I'm now a McDonald's connoseir, but I swear the food tastes much better because it is all new equipment. I love it. For you hot chocolate people out there, you have to try a Steamer. It's steamed milk with a shot of vanilla, caramel, or hazelnut. Very yummy...Dave's favorite is the non-fat with the sugar free vanilla (go figure).


So that's about what happened. Maybe it took me this long to post, because I'm trying to forget how much Dave was gone...I'd never survive being a single parent! Congrats Dave on a job very well done. I'm proud of you and all the hard work you do!

5 comments:

Cody and Sharice said...

Okay can I just tell you, I try not to eat at McDonald's alot, and just because they were closed for so long, I started craving it like no other! So I know we helped add to the money it brought in when it opened! Tell Dave he is doing a great job!!!
I am so excited to hear what you are having! Good luck!

Carli said...

I;m so excited to find out what you are having! I am 12 weeks along too! Post it as soon as you know :)

Chris said...

I'm still regretting not having braved the storm, but I have been back to the new store twice (on my way to and from Ogden for trial). It loks great! The only problem was that Dave wasn't there on those occasions, but that's my fault for not making a planned visit.
We love you, and are really looking forward, with curiosity, to getting a candy bar tomorrow!

Creighton said...

I didn't realize you had put up 2 new posts! I just love your post on Braden's birthday. He is such a sweet little boy I just love him! And Tina and Brooklynn! It'll be so fun to see you guys tomorrow, and find out what you're having! I'm so excited!! And Creighton and I are going to Provo on Friday, so maybe we'll stop by McDonald's on our way out. We'll look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Creighton said...

Oh, and this is Melissa, sorry