Well, today was my birthday, and yes I'm getting closer to the big 3-0! I'm 29 today!! It does go faster every year. Dave is such a great husband. He always thinks of interesting things to do because I get a kick out of doing stuff I've never done before.
So one of his employees was involved in a hair show. It was to benefit a battered women and children's center, so Dave wanted to donate even if we didn't go, but we thought it would be a fun date, so we went. I'm so glad we did. It was fun to see what beauty college students could come up with. There were hats styled out of hair, an umbrella hair style, and one looked like it had tennis balls stuffed in it. My favorite one was an artist's pallet on one side diagonally and really big poofy curls on the other side. Janae, the friend and employee had a fro and here she is after the show with us. They had a impressionist open the show and he was hilarious making parodies of songs from the 60s to the current songs. He also did an impression of Jim Carrey that rivaled Dave's! We had a really good time.
Before the show we went to Macaroni Grill and the food was delicious! I just couldn't help but be in a good mood all day today:) The kids made me cute cards and Tina even spelled "Hape Birtday!" I was impressed. They even helped clean the house and we got the garage organized. That right there is a present in and of itself! Now we can walk to the door without tripping on things (yea!).
I have to say that I have always enjoyed my birthdays. They have always been fun and nice to have a day to get to enjoy what you want. I'm so thankful for my wonderful family for the fun they bring to my life every day.
9 comments:
Happy Birthday Melanie! Looks like you had a great time! Also, Congratulations on the boy! How perfect two boys two girls! I am so excited for you!
Happy Birthday girl! I'm glad you had a good day. Macaroni Grill sounds yummy!
Oh, I'm so glad you guys had a good time! Creighton and I were wondering what the hair show would be like, but it sounds like it was fun. And, your kids sure are cute, it was fun to visit them, and hopefully next time we go to Brigham you guys will be there too! I'm so glad you had such a good birthday! Love you!
Happy Birthday! I'm so behind. Sounds like you had fun. I always end up cleaning on my birthday!
Wishing you a very happy, belated birthday . We love you and take joy in your accomplishments and in you darling little family. We are thrilled about your baby news and will be anxious to learn the flavor! 29 wonderful years for all of us.
Happy Birthday! So glad that you had a good one. Sounds like fun. Hope you are feeling well, and we love you. Tell Dave hello and good work!
Happy Birthday, Melanie! We'll see you in a few minutes, but just wanted to say that we love you tons!
Happy Birthday Mel! Welcome to the 29ers club! The Hair Sbow sounds like a blast! How fun!
What a fun birthday! I remember going to my sister's hair shows. They were pretty cool. She made her model's hair look like a basket with flowers in it. Very creative. I'm also so excited that you guys are having a boy! It'll get my creative juices flowing in a more manly direction. :)
Post a Comment