Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Self-Quarantined

I think our whole family has had the swine flu. It started with Braden getting the fever, and he gets bad body aches where he can't bend his joints. Then Tina got a higher fever. I got it next and then Brooklyn was the last (so far.) She also has lost her voice which is so sad - almost like hearing a dog which has been de-barked try to bark. She tries to scream and can only whine.

Yesterday I decided to wage war against germs with the kids and we sanitized the doorknobs, lightswitches, and telephones. I also cleaned the kitchen all day. We also opened all the windows to get all the "sick air" out. Hand sanitizer is our constant companion, along with antibacterial cleaner. Hopefully we are on the mend and can function again. Cough drops and throat lozenges will have to suffice for now. I don't want to go to the doctor now that we are almost on the mend.
But I have to wonder if I brought this on myself. Life was getting so busy I was thinking it would be nice to have a few days off...What was I thinking?? Stir crazy kids, feeling miserable and energy-less, does not lend itself to fixing all the things I have to do everyday, but I did enjoy being in PJ's for the past 3 days. I have no clothes, so it was nice not having to wonder what to wear;)

9 comments:

Carli said...

im sorry! i hope you all feel better soon. I have no clothes either so i feel your pain!

LeeAnne said...

oi that stinks! i hope you all get to feeling better soon! i'm pretty sure carlitos got it a few weeks ago, and thankfully i didn't get it (there's only one thing worse than having your kids sick, and that's being sick yourself trying to take care of sick kids!! you poor thing!)

Kari said...

I'm so sorry that you have all been so sick. I hope that you continue to get feeling better. I especially hope that Cole doesn't get it. Hang in there! Love you all!

Melissa Hernandez said...

hope your feeling better, we try not to take the kids out, I am so scared that the baby is going to get the swine flu....Bear River HEalth dept, finally got shots today and just as we were headed out the door to get one-the website was updated and they were all out...blah!!!

Jen said...

Mel-Here's hoping you all feel better soon! Sure love you guys!

Jen said...

Mel-Here's hoping you all feel better soon! Sure love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I understand how you feel. It all started with me and spread to Haylee and Amie. We're all just finishing up our medication so our self quarantine is coming to an end...tomorrow! I'm so excited I might actually get to go to the store! Let me know if we can do anything for you, we've all been infected, so I doubt we'll get it again.

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Oh no! That's awful! I'm so sorry! I'll send the get well fairies your way!

OccupyThis said...

Being sick is definitely no fun! I couldn't imagine trying to take care of yourself and 4 kids. I don't know how you do it sis. Hopefully you guys start feeling better! Love ya,
Devin