Monday, April 5, 2010

Great Weekend

Happy Easter everyone! Here is our good morning after the egg hunt. In good tradition, we found a park to roll eggs down, and as the video portrays, we had to feel what the egg felt:) All I felt was dizzy!
The kids started soccer and they had their first games on Saturday. I volunteered to help coach Braden's team (and I have never even played team sports before!!) It was a little scary, and definately fun. Tina did a good job at her first game too, and she was a little scared at first, but got into it by the end.





It was also my birthday, and the kids were so cute! They made the best presents. Braden was determined to throw me a party, a turtle party to be exact. He also hid his presents throughout the house, and gave me clues to find them. Clue #1: It's where you take a shower!" I look in the bathtub, and there is a gift bag with a paper airplane in it. Clue #2: "Where we keep the toys!" So I go to the toybox and there is another gift bag with paper strips cut into zig zag strips. "It's thunder!" Shouts David, (our next door neighbor who joined in the fun). Clue #3: Look under the little table!" and there is another gift bag with a cut out paper "F" and a "cool thing". Tina also made me a bracelet:) You gotta love the kids creativity. I sure love them and think they are so great for making my day so special. Love you guys! Oh, and Dave and I had to try a new restaurant...That is my tradition! I'm a very lucky woman!! P.S. thank you everyone for the wishes!
We also loved conference, but as all parents of small children know, I think we will get more out of it when the issue comes out to study. I sure am grateful for all of the counsel. I have resolved to be a better parent from this session. It's always nice to get reminders and tips on how to accomplish that great task!

2 comments:

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Sounds like fun! Mine are starting soccer soon too (if this snow would get lost!) Happy Birthday by the way! Hope it was a good one!

Melanie said...

How fun. I used to love rolling eggs down a hill and watching the seagulls eat them. And your kids are getting so huge! It has been way too long since we have seen them last. BTW, there was no video. Weren't you going to post one? :)