Friday, April 2, 2010

Look out world, I'm turning 30!

I embrace my birthday. I love celebrating the year before. And I always have to contemplate what I learned this year...So the main thing from 29 is: Trials always have silver linings.
Life is GOOD. We have had so many blessings in our time of trial (I know you are rolling your eyes at our month of unemployment). And they continue to come.
As I look back, I still can't believe that I have 4 beautiful children who are all happy and healthy. I have an amazing husband who inspires me (and frustrates me), and we are still very much in love!
I get to be a homeowner, and I proudly admit that I helped build it.
I am an active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, which brings me joy in my life.
I love being a mom, wife, sister, daughter, niece, granddaughter, volunteer, PTA parent, housekeeper, pianist, neighbor and friend. Thanks for all of your influences to make me the person I am today:)

5 comments:

Ronna & Dave said...

Happy Birthday Melanie! I can't believe you are thirty with four beautiful children. You are blessed and you are a blessing to all of us who love you. Hope your day is special.

The Polka Dot Apron said...

Happy birthday! What a good attitude you have about your trials! Speaking as one 30 year-old to another I can tell you that being out of your twenties takes a lot of pressure off. Don't know why, but I just care less about the unimportant stuff. Hope your year #30 is a good one!

Karengarbe123@msn.com said...

Happy Birthday Mel!!

Anonymous said...

Haha, I can't believe I have a 30 year old sister! :) jk, I love you! You really are the most optimistic person I know, and I'm looking forward to our little lunch date! We sure love you Melanie, happy birthday!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Mel! Welcome to the 30's club! I'm so grateful to have you as a wonderful sister in law & wished you lived closer so we could spend more time together. Happy Birthday sis!