Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fall Happenings

We took the foreign exchange students to the "Cowboy Parade". It is the largest engine-less parade in the nation - only horses, but it wasn't as big as we thought. My favorite part was a little goat pulling a mini-cart.
We went to the school's fall carnival. I signed up to make cupcakes, and got this recipe from my friend. You can find it here. They were VERY rich, but the kids ate them all:) Next time I'll leave out the middle and keep the cake and frosting.
The "Kiddie Garden" went to a pumpkin patch that was so much fun. I was so excited with all the activities they had. We learned about the different pumpkins they had. I learned that there's a Cinderella pumpkin named after the coach she rode to the ball in. That one is flatter and bigger than the Jack-O-Lantern kinds.
They had a corn maze easy enough for the kids to find their way through.
Here is Brooklyn in the "corn pit" It's a playground filled with corn kernels. Lots of fun for the kids.
Here we are on the hay ride. We had 10 kids with us!!
They also got a "train ride" It looked really bumpy - perfect for the caboose.
They milked the purple cow.
Braden went on a field trip to an aquarium and fish store. He came home with a paper to color and if he brought it in, he got a free goldfish. So here is Kinko (at the bottom)!
Tina got to go to the same pumpkin patch the next day, and decided to get buried in the corn:)
Over the past weekend, my friend got surgery and needed someone to watch her kids for a few days. We were excited to have them - they play really well with ours. We decided to carve pumpkins.
I discovered the ribbon retreat from my friend Brittany who contributes. I learned how to make fabric flowers. There are two versions. Here's version 2. They are so fun and easy and I've added them to the bags I'm making for a Christmas bazaar. I'll post when I get them done:)
There's been a ton of other stuff that happens and will happen! I hope to cover more when I don't have a boy on my lap:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Melanie! You guys look like you're having so much fun! I LOVE your fabric flowers, so cute! And those cupcakes look amazing. I sure miss you guys so much! And sorry I never called you back, I promise I will!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Your flowers look awesome! Good luck at the Christmas bazaar! You're going to make a killing! :)