I just attended municipal court for my very first speeding ticket, and I'm glad it's over. I had to wait 3 months for going 21 miles over the speed limit. I understand that was a little reckless. I genuinely thought it was a 35 zone. They reduced my speed to 34 and I was lucky I didn't have more than a $100 fine.
The interesting thing was the observations I made there. There were several underage drinkers, one protestor, a few attorneys and the guy preparing us before the judge came in. I thought it was interesting that it was all together. I don't know if it helps people be more contrite with public humiliation, but the preparer seemed very fair. All I can say after that experience is that I'm glad I don't drink. It seems like there are so many bad things that accompany alcohol. And the way my life goes, I'd probably get drunk everyday if I could...
And I learned that if you talk on your cell phone while driving, you are 4 times more likely to get in an accident, so "when I turn my engine on, I'm turning my phone off."
No comments:
Post a Comment