Sunday, January 27, 2008

Chicago Week

Well, Dave has "left on a jet plane" for a week to Chicago. He is at his final training at Hamburger University! The last time he went was the infamous week that Braden had his medical brush with death....so you can probably tell that I am just a little nervous. To add to that Tina decides to get a fever of 102.6 on Saturday night, poor girl, and I lose my voice. I try to plan fun things to look forward to while he is gone, so it's not soooo long. We have planned a trip to Logan to make necklaces, some fun dinners: Pigs in a blanket and "Mouse on a raft" - (bread with a circle cut out and fried egg inside.) Then we still have our routine of Piano Lessons, Preschool, and the normal running around. So hopefully it will be fun. I do enjoy reading the "lists" so here is our list of things we will miss while Daddy is gone:
Tina
1. His snuggles
2. Having him home "all day"
3. laying by him in bed when I'm scared
Braden
1. Making train tracks
2. playing horses
Brooklyn
1. Singing sunshine
2. squishing my cheeks
Melanie
1. Serving dinner dishes
2. Brushing the kids teeth and reading them stories for bed
3. Watching our Shows together and razzing me for reading or biting my nails:)
4. Helping me stay motivated or running out for something to snack on!

Hopefully this will be an uneventful week for us, and very successful for him. After this he will be able to get his associates degree in Business Management so yeah for him!!

1 comment:

OccupyThis said...

Hey sis. As a follow-up to your last comment, know that I'm really glad that you were the older sister and the 'trailblazer.' You are the best anyone could ask for! Dave, Tina, Braden, Brooklyn, and whoever else may come along are very lucky to be so closely related to you. Hope the time goes fast for you while Dave is gone. Give your kids hugs and kisses from us!