Saturday, January 19, 2008

Melanie


Well, on to me: I am currently teaching 5 piano students. I have started taking a CERT class (Citizens Emergency Response Team) to help me know what to do in a disaster. It is very interesting so far and I have learned that as a family we have a long way to go to get prepared. But I guess now I have some tools to help me along. I'm also looking into taking organ lessons (hopefully) when I can find the time. We will see! I can't wait :) I enjoy a clean house (what's that?), scrapbooking (once a year), and reading good books - any suggestions? We just de-junked our bedroom and that feels good too! My favorite thing to do is play games with the kids. For Christmas we got hungry hungry hippos, and go fish. It just brings back childhood memories. Here's Christmas day with Brooklyn's stash, and a rare picture of me with the kids. It sure has been fun (and addicting) to start this blog. I'm so grateful for the comments. It makes it fun. Thanks everyone. Hopefully this is interesting enough!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I love your blog. Thanks for the picture, but it seems like you are hiding behind the children - how about a close-up? Sorry I didn't get a chance to listen in to your talk with Mom yesterday - but I had a long day at work wrestling with a (long) brief. We love you and y'all.
Dad

OccupyThis said...

I agree with dad. You have the cutest family on the planet, and we miss you like crazy. Your kids are at the funnest ages. Good on ya for continuing to develop your talents and knowledge. I look up to you tons as you are my hero older sister! Talk to you later and keep up the awesome work on your blog!!