Friday, February 8, 2008

Sick of Snow!






Don't get me wrong I am grateful for the moisture, but can it fall on places other than the driveway?? Storms, Storms, Storms is all I hear on the news. I get pretty nervous driving so we have been cooped up in the house since the holidays. We have made the most of it and on Sunday we built a snow slide. We had a mini slide and packed the sides and top with snow and then put the sled on the top and had a ball. The snow sculpture we made was fun even though it toppled over once the wind picked up. The next day I shoveled a snow "castle" for the girls to play on. It a mini version of the wall of China :) It has been fun to play with the kids in it. Hopefully all this snow will make spring more meaningful!


On a happier note, our cruise is less than a week away! Yeah for Mexico being warm year round...I hope! In order for us to prepare our kids, we took them to build-a-bear and had them make a special friend while we will be away. They had a lot of fun, and we actually made it to Salt Lake and back without any big snow storms! Here are their new friends - Tina made Love, Braden made Dino, and Brooklyn made Missy May.

6 comments:

Jen said...

I won't rub it in that earlier this week it was 80 degrees here.... :) The mild winters are one reason I like Virginia. We have only had one snow day and even though it was hardly any (not even a couple of inches) the kids went out and built things the best they could. I wouldn't mind one good snow storm this winter...then I'm ready for Spring, my FAVORITE!

OccupyThis said...

What a great idea to get your kids going away gifts. I will have to remember that one. They sure look cute all together with their new friends. I hope you guys enjoy your cruise. Even though the weather here is nice, it would be even better not to have to work for a week so we can just play. So enjoy yourselves. You deserve a fun time.

jordan said...

wow, so much snow! your cruise will be great - have fun!

Veronica said...

I hear ya on the snow front!! We are so sick of it...but very grateful for the moisture. I am just so looking forward to spring! (If you couldn't tell from my blog :) Have fun on your cruise! I am jealous!

Melissa Hernandez said...

Hi Melanie, it's Melissa (McKnight) Hernandez. I saw your name on the Sky View class updates, and I am so glad you have a blog. Can you believe it's been 10 years, ahhh! It seems like we were just in Young Women talking about marriage. I hope yu don't mind if I add you to my blog roll so I can keep in touch. Take care!

Melissa Hernandez said...

p.s. did I mention I am rediculously jealous you are leaving to go to Mexico. I think I have forgotten what it feels like to be warm.