Thursday, September 11, 2008

Chocolate Night!

So I am now in charge of an enrichment group! Once a month they meet at my house and exchange recipes and samples. Tonight was the first night and what a "Sweet" beginning. CHOCOLATE:) Everything was absolutely delicious! Here are some of the recipes:

Chocolate Zucchini Cake
~Shannon Dixon
½ c. butter
½ c. oil
1 ¾ c. sugar
2 eggs
½ c. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
½ c. cocoa
½ tsp. cloves
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 ½ c. flour
2 c. pureed zucchini
Optional: Chopped walnuts may be added to the batter or sprinkled on top before baking, if desired
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream together the butter, oil and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Add sour cream, vanilla, and salt, mix well. Stir together the remaining dry ingredients; baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, cloves, cinnamon and flour. Add to creamed mixture, stir to moisten, and then add pureed zucchini. Mix lightly for about a minute and then stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 inch pan. Bake 45 minutes.

This was WONDERFUL!
Chocolate Wonder
~Holly Goodman
2 c. fudge cookies (or oreos) crushed
¼ c. margarine melted
-Combine and press into 9x13 pan for crust
1 c. powdered sugar
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese (softened)
½ Large cool whip (16 oz.)
-whip together and spread on crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2 small pkg’s chocolate Instant pudding
3 c. milk
-Mix and pour onto cream cheese layer – refrigerate.
Top with remaining cool whip just before serving.


Chewy Brownie Cookies
~Marinda Bree
2/3 c. shortening
1 ½ c. packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp. water
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 ½ c. flour
1/3 c. cocoa
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. baking soda
2 c. (12 oz. pkg.) chocolate chips
Heat oven to 375. In large bowl beat shortening, brown sugar, water and vanilla.
Add eggs and beat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Gradually add to sugar mixture till blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake 7-9 minutes until set- will appear soft and moist – Don’t overbake. Cool on pan 2 minutes, then put on cooling rack. Makes 3 dozen.

Don't worry: I'll share the love every month:) What a fun night to just chat with the girls and indulge ourselves! I'm pretty lucky to have a husband to let me do that (he took the kids to McDonald's for CHOCOLATE chip cookies). Thanks:)

6 comments:

Family News said...

Gee, sounds like I really missed a delicious night! So did it go well then?

I really plan to make it next month. Besides I love new recipes to try.

Grieco Family said...

All of those reciepes sound so yummy! I've been craving tons of chocolate lately so with my spare time I'll have to try those reciepes out! :)

Melissa Hernandez said...

what a fun idea!

Melissa Hernandez said...

p.s. i just read your previous post, I didn't know your little boy was going through all of that! What a trooper, and that's awesome he likes to watch needles go into his arms to get the "red blood"-what a tuffy!!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, who doesn't love a great cholcolate recipe?!! It sounds like it was a fun night.

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Yum! Chocolate!