Monday, September 22, 2008

Project: Purse!

I love doing projects. Something That I can finish for once! Lately I have thought it would be fun to make purses to try and sell. A lady at an appointment noticed my cute purse Mindi (my sister in law) made for me and asked me if I could make some for her. So here are my attempts. I still need to call her back, but I am really proud of the results (especially since I found a lot of the fabric at Walmart for 1.00 a yard!)

This is the purse from MindiThen I wanted a music bag - for church...I'm the pianist. I LOVE it. My sweet mother-in law helped me learn how to make them.My sister-in-law Jen needed a scripture bag for her almost 9 year old! I told her if she picked out the fabric, I'd make it. It turned out SOOOO cute!I used the leftover fabric from the scripture bag and music bag to make these:My neighbor ordered one and she loves sunflowers! It was so fun. I also learned how to make custom pockets on the inside:) She has a "walking pharmacy" and now has a pocket for it!This one ended up going to my sister and I used dollar fabric for almost the entire thing! I love the bow in place of the flower too! She wanted longer handles and a shorter bag.

What do you think? Should I go into a business?? I do think it's fun except for lugging out my sewing machine and putting it away all the time. What I would give for a craft room!!

13 comments:

Adrien said...

Those are really cute! Impressive. I feel ya on the sewing machine! Mine is in the living room. It was either there or on the kitchen table.

Veronica said...

Thos are SOOOO cute! I love them! Yes, you should go into business!

Veronica said...

BTW I am the primary pianist too! Isn't that the nest calling?

The DeVito's said...

They are darling! You should definitely start a business. You could sell them on Etsy.

Carli said...

I really love them! They are sooo cute! Start an account on etsy and start making some dough!

jordan said...

very cute!! I had no idea of your hidden talent. Go into business girl!

Jen said...

I can't wait to give Taylor her bag for her birthday with her new scriptures. She is going to think she is the coolest kid at church...and she just might be! :) She'll have the coolest bag anyway!

I think your bags are darling. I think an etsy account would be a great idea.

Hope everything is going well for you guys! This cast comes off in 3 days!!!!!! But who's counting?

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute. I want one! I would definatly start selling them. I hope it's ok that I got this address from Marinda! Good Luck with everything!
Kim Jensen

Melissa Hernandez said...

those are darling, you should so it, how much would you sell them for?

Melanie said...

Those are way cute! I can't believe how many you made. Keep up the good work. I will be on pins and needles for your next project. :)

Anonymous said...

How cute! Just like the others reccomended I would give 'em a whirl on etsy!! Horray for makin' some extra money!!

Chambers Clan said...

Well, the lady that started my obsession for making the bags just bought the five I had on hand for $20 each!! Yeah. I'm on a whirl, by the way, what in the world is an etsy??

LeeAnne said...

How creative! I'm lovin' the bags, and I do think they'd make a great business! I love 'em :)