Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Extravaganza!











Here are my cute kids: Braden, the choo-choo train driver, Brooklyn the bumblebee, and Tina the witch. They had such a great time trick-or-treating. We had a fun time before at our neighbor's house with a fun LOW-KEY party. We played musical monster chairs and pin the wart on the witch (bubblegum). Inspiration hit me a little late with eyeball punch (grapejuice with frozen ice marachino cherries) They didn't quite freeze as fast as I needed them to, but we just added the other cherries later.
Inspiration hit me a little late when I thought it would be fun to have eyeball punch, but the marachino cherries didn't freeze as fast as I needed them to in the grape juice. So we just added the cherries in anyway. Here are the appetizers. A pumpkin brownie, the punch, which looks a little green in this picture?? Pumpkin squares and a yummy mummy vegetable dip. We also had mouse meatloaves, and monster faces(stuffed shells), and crystal balls (jello with gummy worms or skeletons.) It was so much fun and kept the kids busy until trick or treating time! Thanks Marinda for hosting it! It's amazing to have her spacious kitchen fit everything and everyone so well (not to mention the clean counters!)
I also have to include the annual pumpkin walk cut out pictures. Aren't they so fun? I highly recommend the North Logan pumpkin walk to everyone: It's free, fabulous and gets bigger every year! This year they made a fountain out of pumpkins, and Braden's favorite one was Larry-boy or as he called him the tomato that saved people:) He literally flew in his scene to save people.
Our other halloween celebrations included the school carnival, another neighbors party (thanks Kristi!), Up with kids (Tina's acting class) party, and getting "ghosted." No wonder I am having withdrawls. I did come up with an idea to look forward to Thanksgiving. We are adding a leaf to a tree taped on a wall everyday that says something we are grateful for. Hopefully by Thanksgiving it will be full. I'll post our picture by Thanksgiving. It is fun! Happy Harvest everyone!

5 comments:

Ronna & Dave said...

The kids look so cute. It has been great fun going into everyone's blog and seeing all our darling little ones dressed up in their Halloween attire and hearing about all the fun they had. I think I am going to try that eyeball punch! Pretty creative idea.

Cody and Sharice said...

Wow, looks like you had a fun Halloween. Your kids are so cute as always. I am going to have to try your Thanksgiving tree. That is a great idea!!

The Yates Family said...

Hi Melanie, sounds like you guys had tons of fun for Halloween! Next year it sounds like we should head up to Logan for their pumpkin walk. Your Thanksgiving countdown is such a cute idea, I might have to steal it! ( if you don't mind!)

MegaPPod said...

You are way too creative with the eyeball soup and all. Of course, your children look great too. Good luck with your diets! Maybe we will see you over Christmas???

Anonymous said...

What fun!! Your kids are so cute and thy look like they had a great time.
Good luck with the diets!! Phillip and I have been on one since the first oif July and have eaach lost around 25 lbs. We just gotta stick with it through the holidays...
Your random tag was so cute. It was so funny when I was reading the part about how you tuck your toes under when you are sitting I suddenly became aware I was doing the same thing. How funny!