Friday, October 31, 2008

Celebrating the successes

So Dave and I are back on a diet. We laugh because we are opposite of the rest of the world, we start in the winter and fall off during the summer. Oh well. I was excited because this week I lost 4 pounds!! I've never lost that much during a week (It probably helped that I was sick and threw up a pound or two??) I'll take it anyway. Dave of course lost a lot more (he always does) a whole 7 lbs. Way to go!!
I'll post a few tricks I'm doing every once in a while. This week my trick was to do one thing during the day to brag about to Dave that night. Hence the title, I'm celebrating a little success everyday.
Mon - I didn't eat the kids leftover mac n' cheese
Tues - When I craved sugar, I ate a bowl of oatmeal with Splenda
Wed - I walked to school instead of driving
Thurs - I weeded the garden (or should I say Jungle)
Fri - My goal is to not raid the kids Trick-or-treat goodies. OK maybe one, but then I stop!

So there's my secret. It is really fun to have to think of something that I have to be good at everyday:)
P.S. Happy Haunting everyone. I'll post pictures of my cute little goblins tomorrow!

3 comments:

Adrien said...

I can't wait to see pictures. As for the rest...baby steps. I like your tricks and daily successes, I should try that!...thanks for the idea. Have fun tonight!

Melissa Hernandez said...

good 4 you!! I hate dieting, it's sooo hard! But sounds like you are off to a good start, good job!

stephanie said...

Hey dave and melanie! It's been so long I doubt you even remember me! lol... I can't believe how many of my relatives have blogs! Sheesh I didn't even realize. Well my family here in Michigan says hi. We can't believe how big your kids are getting. It's CRAZY!!
Keep in touch! I love you guys!