Monday, October 27, 2008

Random Things tag:

I thought I would put a picture with some random things in this tag:

1. I CRAVE reading books. It's like a long-awaited candy bar for me...They give me an escape, and apparently I've passed that on to the kids. They are reading to Brooklyn in her "special seat".
2. It is so fun to make things with the kids. Here we made Frankenstein Rice Krispy Treats, and Tina is showing her "scary face" But unfortunately I ate way too much. They were dipped in white chocolate (dyed green). I have problems with sugar - I love it too much in any shape or form.

3. Here is Braden with the witch pretzel and a frankenstein. After I told them the story of Frankenstein and how he was made and didn't have any friends, they both felt bad for him and said they would have been his friend. They didn't think that story was very scary. I guess they'll have to read the book? I read that book for English in 8th grade. I loved it??!!

4. Brooklyn's hair is now long enough to do pigtails. She looked exactly like Tina! I have a confession. I don't do hair very well. I have good intentions, but they don't turn out like I imagine, so I give up and just do the normal stuff. Although it would help if my girls didn't have such tender heads!

5. Here are my boys laying on the freshly dried clothes. I despise laundry! I only do it one day a week and that's it! I have noticed though that I'm getting more particular. I used to just throw things in baskets to go to separate rooms, and now I fold them! I do love the fact that our laundry room is right off our bedroom so it's a short trip to the folding center (my bed.)

6. If you notice me in the background: Dave noticed that when I am sitting down, I curl my toes under my feet. I didn't even know I did this! I guess it's been a habit for awhile? By the way isn't Braden so cute? I love that bow tie!

Now to tag 6 unsuspecting people: Leilani, Melissa Lewis, Miriam, Janese, Michelle (mom), and whoever else thinks this would be fun. P.S. pictures are optional!





3 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the bow tie on Braden. Very handsome. And I think it is so cute that your kids wanted to be Frankenstein's friend. They are so sweet. Can't wait to see you guys in December. It will be so fun for Amy to meet her cousins.

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love you guys! Your kids are so cute and so fun! I hope I'm that creative with my family! And, it might be a while before I post the tag, I really want pictures with it, but I don't have a camera :( but I'll get to it eventually! Love you Melanie! Oh, and what are you guys doing for Halloween??

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

So cute! I love the pics! You're going to have to tell me how to make those fun Halloween treats!