Saturday, October 25, 2008

Death TO McDonald's

So Dave's store was demolished on Tuesday afternoon. We were all there like it was a parade, but I have to say I thought it was a lot more interesting. I've never seen one before. Windows breaking, dust everywhere, and playland squashed. It was exciting. And for those of you fretting about his job, Dave will be working at their other McDonald's and then coming back to open a brand new store in about 3-4 months.

This was Dave's boss who got to do the first of the tear-down.

Here's the BEFORE picture

The Start:

How close the kids got to be:Goodbye Playland (the employees all cheered when the playland bathroom got destroyed:)Here's all the spectators

And on a side note, there was an accident when someone noticed the wreckage, they did a complete stop on Main Street and got rear-ended. The poor girl in the other car had a head laceration and needed an ambulance. Two firetrucks also were there. Dave was all over helping that out! He loves stuff like that. I'd love to have that story to tell, "I got in an accident because I was watching McDonald's getting torn down!"

Here's some more of the demolition. It was so fun for me! And we stopped by 3 days after and there is nothing there except a port-a-potty and the M sign. Even the asphalt is torn out! I'm amazed at the power of those machines.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Okay I've heard of rubber necking because of a traffic accident, but never rubber necking because of a McD's demolition!! That's pretty funny.

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

Wow! I'm glad he's still employed! I bet the kids had a blast watching it all! As did the girl until she got rear ended! How embarassing! I tagged you if you want to go to my blog to copy and paste. We need to get together my friend! It's been too long!