Monday, November 30, 2009

Blessings

"God grant me the strength to deal with my blessings." Is a quote (I think) above my neighbors door. At this time I have been reflecting on my blessings, and I can't help but feel undeserving of ALL of them. We have the most wonderful kids, a nice home, very supportive family, the gospel, great friends, and I wonder why?
I am so grateful for all of these things. Thank you to everyone who helps us, listens to us, supports us. I hope that I can give back at least a portion!
We have been missing our new camera for a few months, and I told the kids I needed them to help me pray to find it. Well, after they prayed that night, the next day, Dave told me he found it in the van. I can't believe how fast prayers can be answered! Unfortunately now I need to find the cord, to download the pictures:)
When I was in Young Women's I listed out all of the things I was grateful for and got over 200 things. It was a neat exercise, and I think that now, I could add more to the list! We had a wonderful weekend. Thanksgiving was wonderful. It was nice to see family. Then Dave and I got to go on a date!! We saw "Blind Side" which was so good. That's one we will own! And the best part of the weekend (for me) was going through and de-junking the house. We had about 2 truckloads of stuff for the DI and a full garbage can! There is such a relief when we can let go of stuff. The kids are such good sports too.
I do feel like the luckiest woman alive to have a husband like Dave. He is such a good person. A hard-working, kind, wise, fun, comfortable man. I love him with all my heart.
So tonight is the FHE to get ready for Christmas. We get to think of what present we want to give Jesus for his birthday. We will also put up the tree and write letters to Santa. I love this season!! The warm feeling is so fun to have and it is a great time to build memories.
I hope all of you out there have a great season too.

2 comments:

Family News said...

Here I am, with quiet time and a million things still to do (that darn menu planning!!!) I decided to start out with the most appealing....catching up on blogs!

It really is amazing about your camera. Hopefully the cord follows suit;-)

And no, there's not really anything you can help with on my lists. It's a big help when you just let me talk about it all and get it off my chest.

Anonymous said...

Melanie, I just love you! I feel the same way with how undeserving I am with all of my blessings. But, you definitely deserve every last one of them. You are such an inspiring person, I'm just so grateful that you're my sister! What a blessing that is for me! And by the way, thank you for dejunking! Haha, I love the clothes :). I am completely with you on enjoying this season! I'm just so excited!

I'm also very glad you are back into the blogging world, pictures or no pictures :). You're about the only person that comments on our blog, so thank you! We sure do love you guys!