Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Spring Break Adventures

Brooklyn in the playhouse at a childrens museum.
Cole loved the ball tubes.
Tina and a friend playing tic tac toe.

The dinosaur puzzle - you do the bones and then the skin!


The start of the riverwalk.


Sidewalk Chalk fun.

The end of the riverwalk...Aren't my kids silly? I pushed them with about 10 minutes to go:)


We had spring break last week and I wanted to do something fun everyday here to check out the fun things around our residence.
Monday was game day. We made a bingo game together, and played some games Braden got from his birthday.
Tuesday was class day...I go to a cooking class and amoney class. The kids love the child care:) Wednesday was cleaning out the closets day. Tina loves the fashion show part. We also went to the park with some great friends.
Thursday was a trip to Farmington to go to an awesome Children's museum. We also had to browse the Dollar Tree located in the Mall. (there are no dollar stores in Durango which kills me!) The dumb thing happened when I brought 4 kids to the candy store. I have been reading a great book called "The Ultimate Cheapskate's Road Map to True Riches" by Jeff Yeager. He has a "what the hell was I thinking" audit at the end of the year where he puts stupid expenses. I think the $11 I spent there would qualify. But it was a fun experience, and I have a weakness for flavored cow tails:)
Friday was exploring the "riverwalk" We absolutely loved that. They have a path that follows the river all through the city. You can bike or walk, so we thought we would explore and we made it to the library and back and one way only took 24 minutes! I was amazed and we definately want to start where we ended last time and try to make it through the rest of the walk.
Saturday was a blast. Dave has built his store up to where he can have Saturdays off - which is huge for us since he works 70 hours a week. So this day we fixed up our bikes and went for a bike ride to the school to play on the playground and came home. I am hoping to get them out more often! Braden felt more comfortable once he rode for awhile and Brooklyn and Cole rode in the trailer. Tina is on 2 wheels. We ended the day with sidewalk chalk (thank you dollar tree!).
I know it sounds like a dull week, but I have the greatest kids who find fun in anything. I'm so grateful that we got to have some fun adventures and spend time together as a family.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Sounds like you've been really ambitious about finding fun things for the family to do! Way to go.

Anonymous said...

That doesn't sound boring at all! You should have been around our house for spring break. . . then you'd redefine boring haha. Those pictures sure make me miss you guys so much! We really need to see you soon! And thank you for your comment :). It sure makes me feel better that I'm not the only one out there that has mothering troubles sometimes :).

We sure love you guys, and that's AWESOME Dave can have Saturdays off! I'm so glad to hear that!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

It sounds anything but dull! It sounds like you had a blast! The children museum looks like so much fun! And 70 hours a week? Meep! I bet you like him home on Saturdays! That would be tough!

Bagley said...

Melanie, you are such a fun mom! I love hearing what you do with your kids. Love and miss you! A.Marja

Anonymous said...

What fun!! I am impressed with all your outings! Your kids will take away the best memories from their Spring Break. I loved the pics; you sure have four adorable kiddies. :)