Monday, March 21, 2011

Step-by-Step Endeavors

I have been contemplating how to accomplish several things like: reaching a goal weight, becoming financially free, magnifying my mothering skills, and helping with ward goals. It sounds overwhelming, and I am one to get easily overwhelmed, but I have come to realize that if I take it 1 step at a time, it will grow and build!
As Dave Ramsey related in a story " No matter how many times I read 'The Tortoise and The Hare', the tortoise wins EVERY SINGLE TIME!"
So my turtle steps are this week:

Financial: plan our paycheck on Friday - I AM keeping a checkbook for the first time in 8 years!! Also I want to use cash for groceries this paycheck.

Weight: Do not eat after 10pm at night

Mommy: I will pray with each child individually before bed, and Friday will be our "reading hour".

Church: Learn how to index and get my pedigree chart up to date. (I'm already on track to finish the Book of Mormon by the end of March:)

Housekeeping: I will work on 1 target room a day this week, and declutter the computer desk!

I hope this doesn't sound like bragging, because I am just recording my thoughts, and who knows what I will get done?? io'm trying to jumpstart my motivation:) I'd love to hear what y'all are working on. That always inspires me!

No comments: