Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Working Out




In response of the comment of a close up of me, here is my "before" picture (9 months pregnant!) That's motivation for me! This is Dave last January on his trip to Arkansas with a friend. It's amazing how far we have come - and how far we have left to go! It's been hard for us to get back into the swing of things after the holidays, but we do enjoy feeling good. It's amazing how different it feels when we eat bad.


Dave's routine:

MWF: Elliptical for 30 minutes, then 5 sets of crunches/oblique crunches/ leg lifts
THSat: Lifts weights to target different body parts and does 5 sets of increasing weight.

After he is done, he is pretty buff!!

Mel's routine:

MWF: Elliptical for 30 minutes, and the same 5 sets of crunches/obliques/leg lifts
THSat: I do the Winsor Pilates workout video and now can almost do the entire accelerated body sculpting DVD. I really have noticed that my quads have gotten stronger. Yeah!

As far as the eating goes, we try and count weight watcher points and make healthy choices. I have consciously tried to add a vegetable to dinner every night. I love the Normandy mix. Good thing our kids are not picky eaters. We also have switched to low or no fat things like Sour Cream, Cream based soups, and Cream Cheese, and lean meats. It is a little more expensive, but I can't really tell a difference in the foods we eat. It's funny because Tina will ask if what she is eating is healthy. I think we have created a monster!

2 comments:

Veronica said...

I'm catching up on your blog! I love it! One of these days I PROMISE we will get together and laugh like we did when we were kids. How weird is it that we are old and married now with 3 kids each??

Chris said...

I like your routines. I love Normandy mix, too. Tomorrow is the (umpteenth) moment of truth because Mom and I weigh in.