Dave and I went on our "first date" with project 52: date night on Saturday (see link on right). Dave was in charge, so we did our traditional "dinner and a movie." We went to Cafe Sabor for yummy Mexican food, then saw Prince of Persia - great flick!, and went to Charlie's afterwards for a shake. We also reminisced about our first dates. Mine was going rock climbing with Nathan Orton in TX. He forgot his wallet, and I had read somewhere that it's good to be prepared, so I brought money just in case, and paid for the date:) Dave's was a girl's choice and he was still 15. He was in a group with his brother Mike, and the girl was cute and kissed him! She was blonde hair, blue eyed (his typical girl interest before me), and he can't even remember her name (lol).
It was fun...being traditional. I need to come up with some ideas for next week...It's my turn:)
5 comments:
What a great idea!! I'll have to check out the link. Sometimes date and courting get majorly lost in the day-to-day hub-bub.
It was great catching up on your blog. Your kids are too darn cute and little Cole is growing so quick!! They are adorable!! (and I glad you finally were able to load the pics, lost things are so frusterating!!)
What a fun date. I miss eating at Charlie's. :( Can't wait to see what you come up with for next week. BTW, I love the idea of an adventure a week. Great thinking!
The library here has great summer programs. The children's librarian is very involved. We signed up the kids yesterday and she got them so hyped that Katelyn read two Junie B. Jones books! They have programs Tues, Weds, & Thurs. So guess who is going to learn how to get to the library....;-)
I do have more stories for you...which is easier Facebook or email? I'll find you on facebook or just email, anywhere that's easier than typing a huge comment on the blog!
So cute! And I LOVE the pictures! Our first date for the 52 date project consisted of explaining the comp plan to Larry. He was WAY off! :) Maybe we should start this weekend and get more creative! :) You're the best!!!!
I'll have to check out the date night link. Also, my husband's girl interest was was tall, blonde haired and blued eyed too! That wasn't working out for him too well so he decided to go the opposite way! Haha!
Post a Comment