Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Adventure #1

Old time animation
Instrument room

Pioneers had pest problems


Giddy-up Cole!

Tee-pee

I loved the metaphor of a lily holding up a heavy rock...something about weak things stronger than they appear?? I dont' know but it caught my attention:)

Burger King playland

I hope you can hear my smile coming through the text. I LOVED this day. I forgot about the cleaning and we just had so much fun! We went to the museum here in town. I had no idea if it would be fun for the kids, but I've always wanted to go, so we did. And surprise, they have a whole kids section with old tools in the kitchen, and a shoe bench, and some farm equipment, and a cart to sit on. The kids had a blast and can't wait to go back again. They had "Eliza's attic" where you saw questions and had the answers in laminated cards. The discovery was different things about pioneers. What an adventure, and to top it all off, we went to Burger King, and wouldn't you know, they have a little play set! Next Saturday is Braden's turn to pick the adventure, so it should be fun! And the bonus is that Braden couldn't wait to see the pictures, so we prayed to find the cord to plug it into the computer, and then moments later, we found it under some papers. I love the faith of a child. He is the one who had the idea to pray in the first place! Good boy:) So enjoy the pictures, and look forward to next weeks adventure.

6 comments:

LeeAnne said...

Pictures! Hooray! So glad you guys found the cord (with some help from above!) It looks like that was a really fun Saturday for you guys :) It'll be fun to see what Braden comes up with for next week!

LeeAnne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LeeAnne said...

as for the deleted comment- I accidently posted the same comment twice!

Holly said...

That does sound like a lot of fun and Braden is awesome for thinking to pray. Where is that museum? I'll have to check the city website or something. This sounds like a really fun idea for your family!

Family News said...

You changed your blog! Or has it just been that long since I have been able to get on? I have Joseph's laptop now and today I have spent time getting it set up with me stuff. My brother taught me how to export and import bookmarks.

I so needed you today!!!! I already miss talking to you and I needed a friendly and sympathetic ear.

It's hard living in someone else's space. On Wednesday I have to clear out for an all day class. I'm not sure what I'll do. I can go to the library, but for all day...? Besides that I get lost just leaving the driveway.

Oh, the other day it was 105 plus humidity, I thought I was going to die. On the bright side the kids are loving being with Daddy again and they love going to the beach. David is in 7th heaven catching frogs.

D.I.M. Incorporated said...

How fun! I love the adventure idea!