1. Brooklyn turned one! She had a little shindig with my siblings. You can check out her video on Devin's blog (my brother's). She got outfits and the traditional box of kleenex to pull out. I think she is the third child syndrome because I couldn't think of toys or anything else except clothes and this is the first birthday we did not make the cake. We did make little bee cookies though, so maybe that would make up for it! Sorry cutie, she still got to dig her hands in it though (with the help of daddy!)
2. My sister Melissa got endowed , and then married in the Logan temple to Creighton Lewis. They should be starting a blog soon! I can't wait. They also escaped to Florida (he's working down there) for the summer. It was a beautiful couple of days.
3. We had well checks for all three kids:
Tina's in the 75% on height and weight, has 20/20 vision, and is ready for kindergarten in the fall!
Brooklyn is 15% on height and 25% on weight, and is not crawling or rolling, but she scoots on her bum and cruises through the whole house, it's pretty funny:)
Braden surprised me the most with 40% on height and 45% on weight (that is a jump from 5% at 2)! He is ahead in spacial skills and once again, I just have to be good about keeping up on his medicine - if there are any suggestions, I would love them. When I forget his legs give out easily and he wants to be carried everywhere.
4. We were able to attend a mission farewell for my Daines grandparents who are going to a little town in Maine on a proselyting mission. The setting apart was really special. We all got to bear our testimonies and share special moments with them. I'm so excited for them and their call!
5. We celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary. It's crazy and wonderful all at the same time. We did a low-key dinner (at the Coppermill with our favorite Teriyaki Chicken and shrimp bowl) and went to see Indianna Jones and the Crystal Skull. I've always been a fan of the movies, so that was fun. I hope they do more!
6. I was excited to hold a baby shower for Melanie Daines at my house. They found out they are having a girl, so I will be a (blood) aunt for the first time around September 10th. It was so cute with everything pink! We decorated onesies with fabric markers, and had root beer floats - because Melanie craves them:) and lots of pink food. It was so cute and fun. I am soooo excited for them. They leave next week for West Virginia to law school. Good luck to them!
7. In the mist of all of that, we had bought a do-it-yourself shed kit. Dave's sweet parents came down and helped us put it together in 3 days! They are amazing and it looks fantastic! I don't think it would be even part way done without their help. RuthAnn is so good at deciphering the directions and Gary is just a strong, experienced builder. I was asking him how many homes he has worked on, and he can't even keep track! I know it was at least 9 when we were building and they would come down and help. Thanks a ton you guys! Here's the finished product
So that's all of the fun things, and hopefully I will gather some pictures here and there. I'm excited that we had such an eventful kick-off to our summer. Coming up: my 10 year class reunion, a camp out up Logan Canyon, and our annual Bear Lake trips.
4 comments:
Geez lady, you are very busy! Sounds like yall have been having fun and there is no time for Tina to go fishing apparently. haha. How exciting, I didn't realize she's starting kindergarten next year! Congrats on 8 years and Brooklyn turning one. Fun times!
Wow! You are one busy mama! Tell me, how is it that our children are growing up so fast?! Time flies when you're having fun I guess! We would love to get together with you! I'll put "call Melanie" on my mile long to do list! :)
Thanks again for the shower. It was so much fun! We are going to miss you guys when we leave. Your family is so much fun. But we'll keep you guys posted with lots of pictures of our new little baby. :)Hopefully we won't lose our camera. No fun!
Sounds like my life. :) But, I think that life it better when it's full, just like that.
It sounds like your kids are growing...they are so cute! I love your header picture. Yay, for eight year anniversaries...mine's in Aug. and I'm excited. Please post how the reunion goes, it would've been fun to go.
Post a Comment