I'm posting in orange in honor of the wedding. Wow, what a week! It was so good to get back to the temple! It has been too long for me, and made it that much sweeter going back. Almost like going through for the first time. I am sad that I have misplaced my camera, so I'll have to beg pictures off of my relatives, but the entire wedding was wonderful. I didn't think I would cry so much, but it was so sweet and I'm just overwhelmed with happiness for my sister. Everything went well too! The kids were happy and Dave got to spend those days with us so it was easier to handle the marathon.
I got to thinking how my life has changed since being married.
1. I have learned to "share" things like finances, food, the covers (sometimes:)
2. I learned to be more patient and less sensitive and selfish.
3. I am happier, really more at peace knowing that someone is always going to love me no matter what!
4. And how much fun is it to have free reign over the decor of your own place! I love it!! When we picked out the things for our house like the carpet color and tile etc, we both agreed on everything together and we were the only ones in our building group who did not change our minds throughout the building process. I think it's a fun thing that either our tastes have grown more alike (or Dave makes more compromises than I'm aware of:)
There are so many other things, but I can't think of some of the things into words.
Well, I'm very excited for Melissa. I think she has met a wonderful man that will treat her spectacularly. I think my kids are very excited for a new uncle. So far they have had so much fun with their current uncles. Although, Tina was sad that Melissa would not live at Grandma's house anymore:) I told her it would be fun to visit Melissa's house and she was OK. Congratulations Melissa!! We are excited to see your family develop.
4 comments:
It really was such a great week. So nice to see you, Dave and the kids. Come see us sometime soon. Love you.
I'm finally catching up on everyone's blogs. It'll be tomorrow before I get to catch up writing my own.
So I take it the wedding went well;-) How was Brooklyn's birthday?
Hey, did you still need some possible help this week? I remember volunteering to help out somehow (and this is all vague....it's been a very chaotic couple of weeks hasn't it!) Joseph's got his capstone, but for the rest of us here we're back to the "norm"
Congrats to Melissa. We're sad we had to miss it. I bet it was a great family get together.
I love your "things you've learned". they ring so true.
oh Melanie you are the sweetest sister! I had truly a fantastic week that week, and it's so crazy it's all over after all that prep. It wouldn't have been the same without all my family though. Having you guys there was so awesome, we absolutely love you and your family. I just hope my kids are half as cute as yours :)
Post a Comment