Friday, May 16, 2008

Picture Scanning Party

I found a lady who had an amazing scanner, so I decided to scan my un-digital pictures. I also had pictures from my parents, and I discovered pictures of my dad's mom. I was starting to wonder what she looked like. (She died when my dad was 17, so I never met her.) They have been scanned, so I thought I would share. This is his family. Brother Dave, Chris (my dad) and sister Lisa in the front. His mom LeeAnne and dad, David. It's fun to see the resemblances! Here is a closer picture of his mom and dad. I think she was a pretty lady:) It's amazing how much my dad looks like his dad!

Here's my dad, probably a pre-mission picture. It's been so fun to look through the pictures. I'm excited to get it done! I'll have to do my mom's family next:)

6 comments:

OccupyThis said...

Those pictures were awesome! It was good to see what dad's mom looked like. I was blown away at how much David III looks like David Jr! Thanks for being such a good commentator on our blog, Melanie gets really excited every time she sees one. We're looking forward to seeing you guys again - next week! That will be great. Love ya sis!

jordan said...

It is fun to see pictures of Dave and your dad's mom. I've also been curious about her. It's funny because I think Dave (grandpa) looks a lot like Matt. I guess that means Chris and Matt look a like!

Family News said...

The old pictures are lots of fun aren't they. I'm supposed to be working on dates on mine....instead I finished painting the border in the laundry room (you'll have to come see it!) and I've been blogging....

Guess I'd better get busy now!

Veronica said...

WOW!! He looks so much like his dad! That's a cool idea to do that. BTW check out my latest post. You will get a kick out of it.

Carli said...

That would be soooo much fun to get together for a reunion! Just let me know when and where and I will be there. I will be in california the first 2 weeks in June though.

BigEd said...

What a great idea. I think Dave Jr. looks EXACTLY like Dave III, and there is certainly a resemblance between Chris and Dad. Crazy, and they were all so skinny (not that they are fat now ; )