I don't know why, but I got so stressed out this mother's day. I had to play for the primary kids to sing, so I had to practice. And I saved all of the things to make and bring to dinner at my parents that morning. So amist the craziness of the kitchen, my nervousness for playing the piano, getting the poop out of the bathtub before the kids went ballistic, and somewhat thinking that I could have a nice, relaxing day, I lost control. I think it was when Dave joked that he could not make me happy and that he failed as a husband...That made me feel guilty that he felt that way because of me, so I started bawling. We were almost to my parents house at this point, so we had to drive around for me to compose myself to put on the happy face for the mother's day celebration. Once I made it to Dave's parents house I could have a good laugh about it. His mom told me to write it in my journal so that I could laugh about it when I became her age! What a day!
I am very grateful to be a mom and for the mothers who have shaped my life. YW leaders, my neighbors, the RS sisters, my own mother and mother-in-law...I learn so much from all of them. I wrote my mom a poem about my memories of her (I did one for dad last year for father's day). And the kids and I made cute little note holders for the grandmas. We still have 4 great-grandmothers and got to see everyone yesterday which was very nice. And to go along with the day, I brought in my camera and then left it at my parents house. I didn't even take any pictures:( Oh well, there's always next year. If I start crying I'll take a picture for everyone OK?
4 comments:
he same thing happened to me! I cried and my husband said those exact words... Only I didnt feel guilty after. Ha ha. It was my first mothers day and no help at all. Sounds like you ended up having a good day though. I did too!
There is something about Mothers Day that brings out the crazy in all moms. I usually have a terrible day and bawl like a baby. I can't believe I didn't do it this year!
Okay, you are soooo not alone! My mother's day started off terrible too. We had to be at church by 900, and I think as I woke up the day just started crazy, and it felt like anything but mothers day. i felt so crappy by 2:00 that I got in the car and started to cry and I drove myself to Wendy's (okay, don't judge me, I normally keep the sabbath day holy), but I was throwing my own pitty party that I felt I deserved a M&M frosty and a large french fry. My husband felt so bad by the end of the night, because it was such a chaotic day, he made me my favorite bowl of popcorn loaded with lots of butter (it totally made up for the rest of the day!) Next year Kylene and I decided that we are sending a memo to all bishops that church is cancelled on mothers day!!!
Oh Mel! I'm sorry you had a rough day! I always lose it on holidays and birthday parties! It's a stressed out mommy thing! If you figure out the secret to getting passed it let me know! :)
Post a Comment