Monday, July 28, 2008

Deep Questions from a Mother of 3...

Do you remember the old Saturday Night Live show where Jack Handy would have deep thoughts. I've thought it would be fun to have deep questions so here goes:

1. Why is it when the kids go to bed late, they wake up even earlier?

2. Do the kids have a built in radar that beeps, "I need you!" when I start a project? And another one leading them to the sugar stashes in the house?

3. When I remember the diaper bag I don't need it, but why on the rare occasions when I forget it, do the kids decide THEN to have blow-outs??

4. Are there yelling signs only kids can read displayed at church, the store, the library, and while I'm on the phone?

5. How after long days of getting into mischief, fighting, teasing, screaming, and crying; can they look SO angelic while sleeping?

8 comments:

Adrien said...

It's what they do! You are a good lady. I don't think I could deal with bangs! As for the food....it's a ritual now, hair must be combed with the food fingers!
Just think, one day we will be wishing for these small things again!

Veronica said...

Oh my gosh, this rings soooo true!!! Too funny!

Melissa Hernandez said...

that cracks me up, all of it is sooo true. No I don't use photoshop that's all too complicated for me, I would like to learn though!! I use picnik.com, it's a free website, check it out!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, I am so with you on those things. They are all so true!!

Miriam said...

Melanie!!! I'm so glad I found you! It is so fun to see you! You and your family look so wonderful! Hope it's o.k. I'm going to put a link to your blog on mine! Let's keep in touch!

MegaPPod said...

Spot on. Good work.

jordan said...

oh so true!!!

Ev said...

MELANIE!! What's up?! That's so funny. It never matters what time my kids go to bed, even though bedtime's at 8 during the school year. Even if they make it to bed at 3 a.m. they still get up at 6:30! And the phone,or just when I'm talking to a neighbor, that's when everything falls apart for them. HOLY COW!