Here are the rules, I'm supposed to link the person who tagged me Steph. And then type 6 quirks, and then link and tag 6 people at the end to write their quirks.
1. I started biting my nails when I was 6 years old, and I clearly remember why. We had a Brite music tapes with books that talked and sang about virtues like Honesty, Courage, and Cleanliness. The Cleanliness tape had a song called "Don't bite your nails, no, no, no!" Well in my logical 6-year-old head, I wondered "why not?" and started biting them. I still do it today when I'm bored, anxious, or driving. I don't know if I'll ever get to stop. The closest I got was before I got married to grow them out for close up pictures of my ring:) I've had infections on my fingers and I even got warts in my nail beds when I was pregnant with my first. At least my kids now know why NOT to bite their nails!
2. I have to have music on to clean the house. We have a radio in every room, and I have a collection of motivation music ranging from Big Band Swing, to ABBA, to "Dance Party 2000." Heck, if the kids are helping me, I'll even listen to "Sticky, Sticky Bubblegum", or Little People:)!!
3. I get goosebumps when I hear tissue wiping a blackboard. I can stand it when nails screech across, but not tissues. I also don't like the feel of velvet with the exception of crushed. I grew out of my dislike for corduroy. I don't think I will ever just love mushrooms, but now I will eat them if I have to.
4. Tina was helping me think of something , she said that sometimes when I laugh, I start to cry. That happened last night when poor Dave was reading this ridiculously long bedtime story and I was doing actions...I felt so bad because the kids weren't really listening and he had to SING it to them. It just tickled my funny bone:) I will admit this now, in HS one of our fellow band members (back in TX) had a brain aneurism and passed away. I did feel bad, but when they announced that he died, everyone started moaning, and for some reason it made me laugh. I don't know if it was the reaction of everyone else, or my tendency to laugh when I'm uncomfortable, but I feel bad about that to this day! I also got into trouble in 1st Grade for supposedly laughing at a girl just out of crutches. I don't think I did, but she thought I was, so the teacher gave me a talking to. I guess laughing all the time isn't necessarily a good thing. Tina has also asked me why I laugh so weird. I didn't know that I did, but when we were watching old home videos, I noticed that when I laugh it is very loud. Whoops:)
5. I am addicted to reading! I feel lost when I don't have a book to read. Dave can always tell when I'm reading a good book because nothing else gets done with the house. I go to the library once a week. I think it's fun but last week when I told the kids we were going, Tina said she didn't think it was fun. I couldn't believe it! I guess I just spend too much time looking for books to read!
6. I feel guilty owning nice things. When we bought our van, I felt guilty for getting such a nice one. I would have been happy with a junky one as long as it ran. Dave just bought a truck and it looks way to nice for us to own. Even things like electronics and home decor. I think that it should be something we get later on in life, but I do get used to it and enjoy it. I guess it's the initial shock of purchasing something valuable??
I feel bad, I don't remember the links, so I'm going to have to add another post with the links...
1 comment:
You are too funny! I also bite my nails. I started when I was eight...well, twenty years later same ol' story. I am doing better -when I was pregnany with Ella I realized that my nails grow quicker and that gave me more incentive.
Post a Comment