Thursday, July 31, 2008

To Do lists:

I LOVE making lists: Packing, wish, de-junking, project, and to-do lists. I think I spend more time making lists than actually doing the things on them. I keep thinking I'm going to forget something. I have noticed though that my new "to do" list works fairly well. I think I used to get overwhelmed at the amount on the lists I would make and then only get one thing accomplished. So my new chart contains two basic housekeeping things for each day and one fun thing to do with the kids. It has worked a lot better and the house doesn't frustrate me like it used to...So I'll share it with you :) On the original it is on a table in word, but it doesn't paste into Blogger very well, so I guess just use your imagination ;)


Tasks Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat Sun
Scripture
Exercise
Meds
Pick Up
Dishes
Special Vaccuum Laundry Kitchen Declutter Vaccuum DeepClean Journals
List A PickaRoom List B Yard Bathroom Errands Church
Fun FHE Walk Library Park Craft Movie Game
Dinner
Schedule:
Dave
Mel
Kids

I love being able to put X's into the boxes for the day. It's fun to go back to the week and see what I have gotten accomplished. It just makes me feel good. Oh and if you're wondering the list A is things to wash and list B is things to organize. If I pick off the list, then everything should get done within a month. I have to give a shout out to my friend and neighbor Marinda for helping me come up with this. She is super organized and her list is a lot more detailed! Thanks for the ideas:)



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am super impressed. Maybe that is something that I should impliment. I get overwhelmed and grumpy with the things that I don't get done. I feel that if I am succesful than everything has to be done all of the time. On your list everything has a time and a place. What a great idea.

Carli said...

when are we going to get together? we totally should!

Veronica said...

Love making lists too! Hey I'm with Carli. We need to have a mini BC ward reunion. We so need to get together. Life isn't ever going to be as "slow" as it is now so we need to get on it!

D.I.M. Incorporated said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris said...

Melanie, you have always been the list QUEEN (suggested religiously correct term). I am impressed that you get so much done, and expect that the lists are your servants, not the other way round.

OccupyThis said...

Hey Melanie, just so you know, we aren't ignoring your tag. We're just having a tough time coming up with 6 quirky things about us that we are comfortable sharing with the blog world. ha ha. We are also extremely busy putting our apartment together, but don't worry, we will do it sooner or later!! And I have always admired your list-making abilities as well :)

Charee B Mcclellan said...

hey guys, saw your comment on miriams. thought i would quickly say "hi" and hope you guys are doing well. your family is fun!

MegaPPod said...

I always make the lists, but forget I made them. Sad, but true.

Anonymous said...

Melanie I love your lists! I'm the very same way with lists lately. I will have to use your ideas! And I didn't realize til today that I was tagged, so I'll have to get that updated :) haha. It's been fun seeing you guys lately! We love it!