I have been raving about this amazing recipe to everyone. I love the Sweet Pork Salad from Cafe Rio, and when we went up to Seattle to visit Dave's sister Kari, she made the closest thing to the restaurant. After I begged for the recipe, I thought I should post it because I have told so many people about it! So here it is for you who want something to crave:)
Cafe Rio Sweet Pork
Cook pork loin roast. (Kari usually just cooks it in oven, covered at 200 until done, or you can slow cook in a crock pot). Pour 2 cans medium enchilada sauce and 1 1/2 c. brown sugar over the meat and heat through.
Cafe Rio Rice
4 tsp chicken bouillon
4 tsp minced garlic
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 tsp cumin
1 can green chilies
3/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 onion chopped
-Blend ingredients in a blender or food processor, then put in pan on stove and add:
3 c. water and bring to a boil
-Then add 3 c. white (not minute) rice and simmer for 30 min.
Cafe Rio Creamy Ranch Dressing
1 pkg dry Hidden Valley Ranch buttermilk dressing mix
1 c. mayo
1 c. chopped cilantro
2 cloves garlic
3 tomatillos (little green tomatoes with a peel - take peel off)
1/3 c. buttermilk
-Put all ingredients in blender and blend til smooth
This is best served over a tortilla - Kari found the uncooked tortillas at Costco or Sam's club that make it even more homemade. You can also add green or romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and black beans to make it more authentic. It is so good it's hard to stop eating! Hope you all enjoy:)
7 comments:
Yay! That is my absolute favorite meal! Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing!
Ooooooo!! That sounds so yummy. Thanks for sharing!
Oh I'm so excited that you posted that! I'm always looking for some good recipes. Oh I can't wait to see you guys, and we actually may be seeing you sooner than later. Oh we love you! Tell Dave and the kids hi, and that we miss you all!
Wow I have GOT to try that! My mouth started to water as I was reading the recipe :)
Thanks for participating in the book show! Have your books arrived yet? Carlitos has "That's not my Puppy" too and he loves it!
You've gotta love Cafe Rio! Thanks for the recipe. We often crave Rio out here in WV and wonder why they don't have one! They would do so good.
Mmmm, sounds yummy. Thanks for the recipe, I'll have to try it.
we eat tons of mexican food here at the Hernandez casa. I will have to give this one a whirl! thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment